Rigger ball return too strong?

So I like that I can see my rigger balls but seem to be running into an issue. When I put them down my FF picks them up too good, it shows a strong return and turns them into the bottom. Now I was only doing this in 25 fow with 16lbs. weights so I would imagine it would be better (lower strength return) at deeper depths but is anyone else having a problem with this?

I am running a Raymarine A68 with CHIRP (down imagining).

You may have your transducer angeled too high I had same problem with my Helix 10 reading the ball as bottom...I clicked the ducer down one click and the problem was solved... also after making this adjustment I noticed a 4 foot difference in depth on the graph so I recommend that you adjust the depth offset on the fishfinder I did this at the dock by slowly letting the rigger ball down untill it hit bottom then adjusting the offset on the fishfinder to the amount of feet of cable out on the rigger. Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm with Paul, LOL I actually did the opposite thing and went 1 click towards the back so the "rigger weights stay on the graph, but yes the depth is off a few feet. I tested this on a calm day, "yes they do exist" my riggers dropped strait down read 5ft differant from the sonar.

I'm with Paul, LOL I actually did the opposite thing and went 1 click towards the back so the "rigger weights stay on the graph, but yes the depth is off a few feet. I tested this on a calm day, "yes they do exist" my riggers dropped strait down read 5ft differant from the sonar.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same problem with Dragonfly......

post-139487-0-75054500-1468094821_thumb.jpg

It happen to me when I hit a heavy bait pod , that thick black line will jump to the top of it , after pod goes away some time it will lock on the nearest cannon ball........ was looking on there site and looks like a download is there to fix mine. So maybe take a look see for your unit.....

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=9512

Got the same problem with Dragonfly......

attachicon.gif101_0562.JPG

It happen to me when I hit a heavy bait pod , that thick black line will jump to the top of it , after pod goes away some time it will lock on the nearest cannon ball........ was looking on there site and looks like a download is there to fix mine. So maybe take a look see for your unit.....

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=9512

I'll take a look and see if they have something for mine. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Change the frequency on the transducer. When fishing shallow I run my Lowrance with 83khz on one side and 200 on the other.

It happens in deep water also on mine. I got the download done today and uploaded in the unit . I'll be back on the water soon,