Started off the summer season this morning with Dad and Adam Gierach out of Olcott.

went out to 60 fow and seeing nothing at all, we started trolling north, started picking up some steelhead once we got out past 350 fow. hot zone was between 375 and 410 fow. Ended up 11/13 all steelhead with most in the 6-10 lb range, nice healthy fat fish. We got one that went 11 lb 7 oz that currently sits in 11th place on the LOC leader board, we'll see if it holds up.

The hot rig today was a green pro-troll (minus e-chip, didn't matter) with a green crinkle purple taco fly on the ten color core. Adam's big one was on the good old NBK Singray on the wire slide diver, 120 back on a 3. Mountain Dew SD/Green Crinkle took a nice on on the rigger, down 70. Various other spoons took fish (double orange crush, R&R Lemon Lime)

All but the one we weighed in were released to fight another day.

Here's a few pics, Adam has the big one on his Camera so he'll have to post that one.

P7060003.jpg

P7060004.jpg

P7060005.jpg

Tim

Guest ReelDiel

yeah. i finally got out of olcott on Sunday. Crew was not real ambitious to get up early so we fished from 7:30-12. Worked the inside water from 40-225. Had 45 degree water on the bottom in 44fow and a real nice thermalcline set up. Worked that area picked up 2 nice steelies and a small king. Some bait pods in 74fow but for the most part a blank screen. Right before leaving I had some huge hooks rising up off the bottom in around 150fow. Only had about 10min to try and get a strike no luck. Oh well worked the bugs out of some of the gear and am set to go now. Retorospec should have went deep.

I just noticed that on the leaderboard.

Ill take credit anyway I can get it.

Rest of the derby Im steelhead fishing. Maybe I can get two on the board.Hee Hee.

BTW nice steelie,my favorite fish to fish for and favorite to catch.I just havent had a good one go,yet..