New Braddock's Bay Marina

Gator

Good news Brian is according to their website you can rent jet ski's for only $795 a day plus fuel!!!!  Scott is going to be renting them every day I bet!

Yeah Billy, I'm in for sure.......naked.......I think you and Brian should come watch, because I'll get all them girls that are riding those $800 jet skis and sipping that corona on Braddock's beach! I'm a hot P.O.A. ya know......

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

2 gs is a bit steep...

The Fishin' Physician Assistant

Ontario guys have it easy, slips are so cheap there. ..

Down here in wine country on the finger lakes is rediculous.....

Nick

Making your storeies, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Braddocks Bay channel to the Lake.. It will get worse in all ports with the approved lake level changes in the Plan 2014 (Lake Level US/Canadian agreement.) Pretty BIG win for the Environmentalists. After 14 years studied @ over $20 MILLION cost...........This was approved by the out going US President in the 11th hour and cannot be changed by the incoming US President because it is a treaty. Both US & Canada need to approve changes 

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

FISHING PICS 383.jpg

Jerry, what are your feelings on the new lake level plan? I can see good and bad in it, which I think means it's a compromise, as it probably should be. 

But I'd love to hear how others feel.

My problem with it is, they can not control the level before this plan.  A couple years back, the lake was low going into spring.  They held back water and got it to the normal level.  the second week of May, we had torrential rains for 10 days in a row and then the lake was above the high.  I can hardly wait to watch this unfold. 

Keith,

We have Very little control over Lake Ontario levels, Partially because of the time delay (MONTHS)from when dam adjustments are made to the time lake levels are actually adjusted LAKEWIDE. We can not control or predict  amounts of water coming from the upper Great lakes.  I lived threw the floods of the 1970's(that is how the 3 ponds on Southside of my property & parkway of 10-12 acres each were made). Before that my family property had 150'-200' of protective sand beach in front.   Durand had beach and orchards before lake edge and Braddocks had a train going across the mouth. ALL OF THAT is gone, eroded away from the lake storms. This happened since the 1958-D initial US/Canada agreement to keep Lake levels in-between around a 4' range. The point is at least the Moses Damm provided some lake level control (albeit very small ). Here is the problem, Why give up what little control of lake level we have now.....

Agreement included that The US government will have to set money aside for any $ damages incurred by implementing the new plan 2014. The plan has been approved with NO $ available. Wayne County receives %50 of its tax base from Sodus Bay & lakeshore residence. Not only is there no money to fix a "Higher High lake level" damage...There is no $ also for tax base loss or The property values/Tax income drop to town/county & State municipalities that will cost public services.  The ironic part is EVERY Gas pump/500-1000 gallon gas tanks at Sodus Bay marina's will flood-float then rupture. The waste water treatment plant will flood/overflow and the rest of private property septic fields will empty into bay & lake. Not much of a Environmental win.......Sorry but I have attended IJC lake level meetings since 2000 and watched $20 million to get this.....

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Stopped by Braddock's marina today. Everything looks pretty much as it did last summer.. Some old wooden docks have been cut away, although there is a contractor trailer in place. I'm not going to  be negative towards this project, but man there seems to be tons of work to be done to meet the summer 2017 goal. I really hope it goes as planned, as it will be awesome for the area. The dock prices are not that out of line if you compare to Gibbs,Schumway, and riverview yacht basin