1995 Starcraft Islander 221V

JBoock

I am the proud owner of a 1995 Starcraft Islander 221V with hardtop. It is a great fishing boat and gets awesome fuel milage. Last week while fishing in the greater Rochester Area I hit a wave pretty hard which popped out my Starboard sliding window to the bottom of the lake. I called Starcraft and the window manufacture will no success. There is not much to this window- glass, stick on latch, and c-channel for the window to sit in. Does anyone know where or who I could contact to get a replacement so I can get back on the lake fishing? Thanks!!! Jay

It's worth a try. Give Beltzville Manor Marine a call. I needed a replacement part for my 2000 Islander 221. When I called Starcraft, they said the part was no longer available. I did some internet searching, and found a few dealers local to me, who all said the same thing. I even contacted the dealer I bought the boat from in upstate NY and they said not available. However, this dealer was very helpful and said the part was still available from the factory. Their phone number is (610) 377-3337 and they're located in Lehighton, PA.

Na mine was a soft top, However I just had a new glass windshield part made for me for my wifes sea ray. IMG glass in ithaca can custom make any thing you need , tempered too. Cost me 50 bucks. You will need the dementions or a trace though.

RR

• 7 months later...

Any good glass shop can make one up for you.I just had several made for my 1974 project Seacraft.I gave them the old ones which were junk,and they made all new ones with 1/4" plate.they drilled a few holes,and sent the glass out and had it tempered.

It cost me $300.00,but two of these windows were over six feet long,so it shouldn't cost tons of money for a single piece. They charge for the minimum size piece,so if they have to use a piece of 24x36 to cut your window out of,then that's what they'll charge you for.

Coup

Did you have any work (welding) done on the frame or just glass replacement? I had a piece of glass cut for the window but the window frame still comes a part to easily. I've been out with the current set up on the Finger Lakes with no problems I'm just worried on a rough LO day I'll loose another window or damage the hard top.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...