Scotty Tournaments

Anyone here fish the Scotties I just read that next year's series will be 6 events instead of 3. I'm giving some thought to fishing a couple, they sound like loads of fun and the prize money is crazy (25k first place for the upcoming event).

Anyone on LOU have any expierences fishing the Scotties they'd care to share? Is it more difficult for us yanks to fish them?

Thanks

Rod,we fished the spring scotty out of St. Catherines this year.It is a good tournament,held at a real nice marina.As far as getting accross the boarder all you need is a clean criminal record and your birth certificate.Anyone with a dui will not be allowed into Canada.I am heading up to fish in the fall scotty if you need the numbers for the marina and rooms let me know.I have a number for discounted rooms in st. catherines if anyone is interested.

we fish the scotty's and have been fishing them since they began.

great format and great times fishing them. let me know if you have any questions. We are fishing the fall and fished the summer and spring this year. hope to see you there.

Eric

I definitly want to plan on fitting in the spring & fall Scotty for next season. Those, coupled along with the 4 Pro Ams should get me in about all the trouble I can handle with the wife. Looks like if she wants a family vacation next summer, she's gonna have to take up fishing :lol:

Hey Eric....you fish those with Royal Flush? I only ask cause I noticed at the awards ceremony in Sodus that you fished on that team. I know you fished some events out of your boat also. We spoke with you for awhile at your boat in Wilson. Good to see you on LOU!

i've fished them on royal flush the past few years and we fished them on mine this past year. 25k this fall and looks likt 25k first place at most or all of the tournaments next year. They had a film crew out at the summer tournament and will have that at the fall as well. it's a fun tournament and run better than the pro-am's....in my opinion.

hope to see you there.

Eric

After talking to bob from royal flush the past two years about the scotty's im definitly intrigued. i like how its your top 5 fish and not your first legal catch brought onboard. I think we are going to try out the spring scotty before the pro/ams start. hopefully we'll see you there rod.

Actually, I just spoke with the wife about it at the dinner table tonight. She didn't scream at me or nothin....so I took it that as meaning it's okay :lol:

If the team is up for it we are gonna kick next year off with the spring Scotty and I'm pretty stoked about that. Should be a lot of fun hanging out & fishing with our friends up north. I'll look forward to seeing you and your crew in the spring Matthew.

Dude, you need to buy her something shiny and expensive. :!: My fiance is supportive of this crazy hobby, but I think even she would leave me if I planned for 6 tournaments next year :)

Nick

You have a keeper there Nick....She's behind you big time and you guys are alot like Jen and I. Good point on the gifts, I'm working on that :lol:

My wife knew when we went on our honeymoon 17 years ago and I took a fishing pole with me, that she was gonna have to be tolerant of my hobby. One day of our honeymoon I got up early and took off solo for a day trip of fishing....left a note on the table that said "gone fishin"and it's been that way ever since.....true story 8)

To do 6+ tourneys, I had to throw her a bone though, so I promised the first couple weeks in Aug 09 we'd do a family trip to Yellowstone National Park.

It looks like we should have enough guys to fill the roster for all the events. I'm pretty sure Marcus can do the Spring Scotty, might be to much for Jeff cause he's doing all 4 pro am's.....he hasn't chimed in yet.

I'm starting early cause it's gonna take a whole year of planning to pull this off without becoming homeless :lol::lol:

i've fished them on royal flush the past few years and we fished them on mine this past year. 25k this fall and looks likt 25k first place at most or all of the tournaments next year. They had a film crew out at the summer tournament and will have that at the fall as well. it's a fun tournament and run better than the pro-am's....in my opinion.

hope to see you there.

Eric

Eric,

Who you fishin with, or whose boat are you using?

I'm gonna try Bob.......Your boat is like 10 times nicer, so I'm gonna have to sweetin the deal somehow..... :lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure Marcus is fishing the 4 Pro am's with us too....he's become a good friend and I enjoy having him around!!! Same goes for Melissa and Todd!

Rod,

I guess it's time to chime in. I think I should be able to do the 6 tournaments. Still working it in gradually. I'm also trying to get more info on the Scotties hopefully this weekend. The EPSFA tournament this weekend and I'm probably going to fish it.

Talk to you later.

Jeff

Haha Rod, most of the time I think Bob and myself would agree that YOU CAN HAVE HIM!!!!! Kidding of course, Marcus is one of my favorite people (most of the time) :D

In all seriousness - The Spring Scotty was a blast last year, and I hope you guys do fish it. Such a pretty port, well run tourney, and great people!

See Bob...nice guys DO finish last.... ;) Hey, I better stop talking about this, I havn't even asked him yet :shock: I'm thinking we (Marcus and myself) are fishing the Fairhaven Challange together on Fishful Thinking. You and Todd are in for that, right Melissa?

Hey Jeff....I'll be amazed if you can pull off all 6 with a (then) 3yr old in the house. That will be impressive!! You'll earn lots of man points for that!!

Hmmm....sounds like it's game on Bob. I'm breaking out our secret weapon for the FHC.....my 9 yr old son Justin will be joining the crew. He's good luck, so we're gonna be a tuff team to beat :P:P

Bob, unless something changes we will have 7 people aboard (5 adults, 13 & 9 yr old) for the fairhaven challenge. Marcus can sleep all he wants.... :lol: I know what yer saying....he was feeling a little pale day two in the Oswego Pro Am with us. What's up with that :?

And BTW Melissa and Todd, I spoke with Marcus this morning. What's up....I head back to Pa and you guys stop fishing....wtf? If I lived where you do...I'd be out several times a week!! Now....get out there and get that boat bloody!!!

I know Rod. We are pretty pathetic up here...

We were all up and attem for the weekend and it ended up being pretty yucky. Saturday Dad had to work and Todd and I had a family reunion and a benefit party to go to, and the lake was rocky (waterspouts! Yay!)

Sunday we had planned on all going out... got up at 6, called Bob, he said there were good 3-5 footers and only 6 charter boats were out (one of the good ones stayed in even) So we opted against it (actually, fell back into bed is a better term for it)

Today would have been good, Marcus called in sick because he might have partied a little too hard this weekend, and Todd was around, but we played with the mud truck at my house instead (ripping out trees with it... the goofy grin on Marcus' face was reward enough)

I digress (finally).

Maybe tomorrow night...

Geez... all these guys and their "work" thing.... Don't know whats wrong with them... keeps me off the lake all week (except an occasional evening troll which happen to be my favorite time to be out)

Ohh, and BOB never lets me go out with him either... I could at least watch fishing 8)