Turkeys strutting

Seeing lots of birds out strutting their stuff. Winter groups are breaking up and birds seem to be very active. Good numbers .of birds have been spotted in my area. Saw one group last week with 12 longbeards! Still a little early to really scout as they change their habits as the grass greens up. Also I've hunted my areas many years and they seem to frequent the same roosts and strut zones every year so I don't need to do a great deal of scouting.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My kids been watching a particular local bird for a week or two. He went and asked the two land owners whose properties the bird walks on for permission to hunt him. He got permission from both.
You only get what you ask for. Good for them, good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Monday I drove up 390 in the early afternoon and after passing a longbeard strutting with a bunch of hens in a field right next to the highway I say to my wife " I wonder how many guys are looking for posted signs as they drive by???"  I know of one - I am sure there are more.

Set up three ground blinds for rainy days and cut out three other natural blinds where I can sit. Big groups appear to have broken up and plenty of strutting activity around. Now if I can just shake this cough that I've had for two weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

My wife is some better after about 3 weeks. I may be slightly better than last week. Lots of it going around. Mine seems to migrate from sinus to bronchitis. My daughter is a Doctor and treated me with antibiotic on our visit but she thinks it is viral. Just got to hang in there and hope I don't have a coughing fit when a big Tom approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Saw 3 Toms and 2 hens next to my pop up around noon today. Been seeing lots of single hens which indicates they may be nesting. Smaller groups of Toms and hens scattered around. Weather not looking great for opening day.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United