We run a lot of Sigg's Pulse Flys, that's for sure, but my favorite continues to be his Green Hypnotist Trophy fly. And yeah, we pretty regularly run his Blue Dolphin (Hammer) with a lot of success. The Green Apple has been a good one too.

Truth be told, I'm a wicked tackle junkie and almost always have something totally new in the water along with the proven producers.

A lot of it has to do having confidence in certain Go To spoons and set ups. Such as spoons- 42 second spoon ( which was being use weeks before the numerous mentions at the Oak) Simply because past history- it has proven it self time and again. Purple Thunder, along with glow frog and gold spook, are just a few that I can count on almost faithfully. Pearl fishscale 11'' Coyote with a glow frog head,large red bubble eye with meat. If I was limited to just 1 rig from mid Aug on, that would be the rig I'd choose. Hands down. Don't get me wrong in thinking I don't buy the so called latest and greatest. I do. Just don't forget about the old reliable stand bys. But then keep the faith and have confidence. Adjust speed, direction, lead lengths, temp changes and fish the marks as needed, etc., to put the puzzle together. Then the rods will start to fly.

I've always believed the action of a lure is just as important color. The prey that stands out from the school,(or herd or flock for that matter,) is the one that gets eaten. If an animal looks injured, it becomes lunch. That little fly trailing your dipsy and flasher represents a bait fish that can't keep up with the school.

Also remember,"energy in" must exceed " energy out" for an animal to survive. The bigger the fish,the less energy it can expend in the chase. Don't be afraid of the slow troll BELOW the bait ball. The fishermen on the Pacific count on the big fish hanging around under the bait ball, picking off the scraps drifting down from the teenager's vicious attacks on the school

of bait.

attacks on the school by the teenagers.

George brings up a good point about a slow troll. Consistantly we have caught our biggest salmon by setting down two cowbells and peanut just off the bottom for lakers in 90-160 FOW and run at that slow speed with two meat rigs or dodger/flasher fly rigs up higher for slob solitary kings cruising for food. This works great at fall derby time. Not a lot of salmon but many lakers (some very large!) and the salmon are generally bigger than the ones in a group.