Congrats to L.O.U.'s Gambler

Nice job Brian, I heard you had a great day today. I hope those were all Lake Trout points :lol:

Results from today's Oak Orchard Monthly Tournament

(Courtesy Mike Waterhouse)

1st Place: Escape (Sandy Creek) - 97.44 points - $700

(Brian Gamble AKA Gambler)

2nd Place: Thompson Contender (Sandy Creek) - 96.01 points - $500

3rd Place: Reel Excitement (The Oak) - 93.75 points - $240

There were 16 boats entered - $160 went to the the Pro-Am - next months tournament will be on September 6th

Good job Brian and Jim! :D We had a cooler full of salmon on friday fishing in front of the park and went back there for saturday and the kings were gone. :shock: Just alot of 5-10lb fish. The kings were definately east of the creek. I've noticed this year to never fish where you whacked them the previous day.

Jim, you sounded pretty frustrated during mid-morning. Nice to see ya turned it around.

Thanks guys. We had a great day. It started off bad but got better. We started the day in front of the creek and trolled East. Took a small king and a small steelie with in the first 20 minutes and then got a huge hit on the rigger (Stinger Stingray Gator). The rod never came up. I put a rookie on the rod and he did a great job. Once the king got to the back of the boat, all hell broke loose. The king ended up running into the rigger cable and breaking off the fish. By 9:30, we did not have anything in the cooler. When I got down East, the screen lit up with fish. We ended up taking four nice kings in the next hour. The king bite slowed but the laker bite took off. We ended the day 28 for 39 with 15 lakers, 7 kings and 6 steelies. We fished 95 - 110 FOW and took fish from 55 to 90 down. Flashers and flies took 90% of our fish, we only took 4 fish on spoons. I was running the Live wire Spin Doctor with the Green Hammer A-Tom-Mik, Green Spin Doctor with the Green Crinkle A-Tom-Mik, and the Dalmation Spin Doctor with the Original Hammer A-Tom-Mik. The lakers were taking the flasher and fly combos 70 down over 100 - 110. You would see them on the bottom and then the riggers would fire shortly after.

Tank,

I had 3 kings all 22 and change. I had one king that was 42" long but it was the skinniest king I have every seen. It weighed 22.14. I was worried when the one guy pulled out an 18 and a 28 for his first 2. The last one was a very small fish ( If I remember correctly it was a small steelie).