any fall fishing suggestions for taughannock and fall creek?

Knowda

I'm looking for any tips or suggestions for fall / winter shore fishing around taughannock. when does the action pick up? when do the fish start running? I'm also curious about fall creek. I've fished for years but I'm relatively new to the fishing around here. any particular baits or lures I should lean towards? I'd love to get into some lakers, browns and ll's. any friendly advice would be a huge help and is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It ahs been many years since I fished down there, but back then, the lakers started in early fall to show up on the shoal off Toughanok.  We cast 1/2 to 3/4 ounce spoons off the pier, let them sink to the bottom ( it drops off fast there), and then slowly retrieved the spoon, or some guys would jig the spoons back.   A lot of the lakers that were landed were foul hooked, but enough were fair hooked and legal that it was a popular place for sunrises in September through November.  Browns and LLS in both places run once you get a good cold rain, and then intermittently in response to runoff thorough the fall.  The usual eggs, beads, and flies will catch fish then.  Don't overlook the stream at Toughanok up to the falls just above 89, in recent years when I had to travel to Ithaca in the fall, I have seen that loaded with browns and LLS (very spooky) waiting for some flow to pull them up to the gravel and the fast water above the bridge, and it seems less pressured than Fall Creek.

My suggestion is to not post skinny water on the internet.  Good luck finding fish with all the lurkers in what amounts to about a couple hundred yards of fishable water.  Cause and effect::  if you talk about it this year it probably won't be there next year. 

Start stream fishing in October (typically).  Stop when season closes.  Start again April first.  Good luck.