Fishnet

Keuka Launch site

Last summer the motel launch in Hammondsport said he was going to stop launching and the state was going to have a south shore launch ramp by spring. Well, it’s spring. I haven’t been in Hammondsport this year and am looking for any fresh info.

The story I heard was that NYS was going to cut a deal to share the town launch site right next there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sign at the motel says public launch closed as of May 20. All I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I called the Urbana Town Clerk two weeks ago to discuss the Town ramp access. She told me the town is selling 100 key cards for 

Sorry, thought I'd lost the partial post from yesterday.  

They're selling 100 key cards for $150 for the year. She said they'd only sold two or three--surprise there.  You can call the Urbana town clerk for  details.

I guess the south end will remain unknown territory for me. Thank you town of Urbana and New York State. :envy:

Well these stories don’t match up well. Motel guy is giving up hundreds per month in summer.
He charges $10 to launch. That’s 15 launches..... once a month, three per month when bass are biting....
I don’t think so. There is a freebe by the ..!?,’@&$. that I’ll use when I can.

$150 is too steep for me. I figured last year that NYS doing anything by spring would be lightning speed for them.
Urbana trying to make $15k off launch permits is a bit much to ask.

Update as of May 6, no progress has been made on the launch site. Motel sticking to his May 20 quit date. He says the state is ready to roll but the town of Urbana simply won’t do anything to cooperate.
Town officials do not want any more of ‘us’ on ‘their’ lake and they are going to block any launching they can. The selling of $15k of permits tells me they do not intend to change a thing.
Recommendation is for everyone to phone the Urbana town clerk office and encourage some cooperation. Post their number here if you have it.

Have a camp down there will look into it this weekend if I can?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United