Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
work2fish

lowrance autopilot feedback and best pricing

anyone using the lowrance hydraulic autopilot care to comment on it? i will only use it for trolling salmon so very basic function and never under power and will pair it with my hds 7 gen 3. just want an autopilot cheap to fish solo. also any recommendation on who would give the best price.

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I love mine BOE Marine took care of me last year on autopilot and HDS 9

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I got the same units last summer, Lowrance Outboard AP with HDS 7. Works great. S curves, Zig Zags, waypoints, circles, heading mode, even depth hold mode.........UNREAL. Try Hodges Marine.

Edited by garrymny

I have had mine since they came out   it like having another person on board  I installed it in about an hour .   I think its the best investment I have ever made  on a boat  

You just need to make sure your steering ram isn't too big for the pump 1 that comes with Lowrance Outboard Pilot. I installed it with twin 150s.

Single Seastar ram. I don't think you can do a dual ram, but not positive. 

39 minutes ago, Tyee II said:

Single Seastar ram. I don't think you can do a dual ram, but not positive. 

If you do you need a RP80 pump

If you do you need a RP80 pump
i was told you cant upgrade the pump as the control unit couldn't power it?
HC5358 are the ram model numbers each has two hydraulic hoses for a total of four and there is a tie bar between the two. 20180504_084338.jpg20180504_084308.jpg

A friend of mine is running a RPU80 with a NAC-1. Just to be sure I'm waiting for a official answer. The difference between the NAC-1 and the NAC-2 computers are in the algorythm that is more sophisticated in the NAC-2. The NAC-2 run the pump trough the computer exactly like the NAC-1.

1 hour ago, wallyandre said:

A friend of mine is running a RPU80 with a NAC-1. Just to be sure I'm waiting for a official answer. The difference between the NAC-1 and the NAC-2 computers are in the algorythm that is more sophisticated in the NAC-2. The NAC-2 run the pump trough the computer exactly like the NAC-1.

I would also think the difference is the amount of Amperage the control unit is rated for. I know with the Raymarine EVO systems the bigger pumps can't be ran on the smaller control units because they will burn the up with the higher Amperage draw.

Either way OP I would be talking to Lowrance technical support to see what the rated Amperage is on the control unit and make sure your pump doesn't exceed it.

I would also think the difference is the amount of Amperage the control unit is rated for. I know with the Raymarine EVO systems the bigger pumps can't be ran on the smaller control units because they will burn the up with the higher Amperage draw.

Either way OP I would be talking to Lowrance technical support to see what the rated Amperage is on the control unit and make sure your pump doesn't exceed it.
yes thanks. i do believe that is the trouble with the control units.