fishing was slow, over 40 people fishing past the bridge. a guide and his group were doing well under the falls (seth green side). young boy caught a real nice steelhead. i caught a nice walleye and had 5 hook ups on egg sacs. russians have been snagging in the meat hole hard. a lot of them have been using weighted snagging hooks and don't even try to hide it. the mist from the falls is bad. guess they know dec can't see them from the bridge. the run seems to have stalled. there doesn't seem to be that many fish and some of them are in bad shape. hopefully we will get some rain or cooler weather.

i've caught two walleye on egg sacs this year and caught a monster on blue silver cleo. the russians are there every day. the half dozen times i have gone down ther this year ,i've watched them snag and take limits of fish up the hill with them. don't know if they are zipping aand dumping fish in the water or not. i used to work at a supermax prison, still would rather not piss off a dozen big guys. my phone got fried a week ago. i'm going weds morning with a friend. i'll give dec a call i'm sure they will be there.i've heard they get busted every year and they don't really care.

Fishing in the Genny has been out-standing but I am fishing the "pond" below the dam as well as the falls...Fished it 9 out of the last 10 days and worst so far has been a 4 PM to dark trip landing 4 or 5 kings and the best days we cant keep track of the numbers...Some nice steelhead and coho's are kicking around as well...Cured skein under floats has been my ticket to success...

I actually beat the guide to the spot when he arrived and he did ask if I minded sharing so I said no problem, it's all yours and left them alone to the spot and went to fish the "pond" and had my arm almost torn off by kings...

I saw the DEC Sunday and Monday so they are around and the officer's I spoke with on Sunday said this is not their district but they were called in due to the heavy pressure of the salmon run...

A nice rain would be nice to get some new fish and rejuventate the ones already in...Still seeing some pretty fresh fish but no fungus covered ones yet...

Slimy hooks - I am in awe about your report. Forgive my rookie questions Do you run in the genny with your boat or was it a hike down to the gorge?

I ve went out all day with friends last Monday trolling around outside the river in the lake between 30 to 80 FOW. Saw many fish on screen but NADA. My friends said I just suck! I went back to the bay and caught 11 inches perch. Very humbling experience.

I have never ventured in Genny river with my 21' wellcraft. I am not sure if Jon boat is the way to go through all the way past 104 bridge.

hey slimy must have seen u monday. don't understand whats going on the goat trail side. three of us were fishing weds morning for a few hours. not even a hook up. guys fishing the pond and falls doing great. adam fishes the river 4 days a week and he got skunked using skein. i tried sacs and flies nothing. my friend threw spoons nothing. almost felt like wadeing across the river. the river was empty on our side. saw a group on a drft boat land a steelhead and they said they lost one.

I've driven my boat upstream many times. 3 times this fall. Under the 104 bridge there is hardly a current so I'm not sure how you can keep a Jplug in there, but I'll give it a shot... I caught a good sized channel cat with an egg sack on a glow jighead Oct.3rd around 11pm.

PikeHunter: You have at least 6ft. of water all the way to the 104 bridge and until you get next to Seth Green Island, but once you get to the end of the island the water is moving pretty good, and there are some nasty rocks in there. The middle of the river stays at about 4ft. until the white water, so I will usually pull up my merc, and use my trolling motor to get me as far as it can and anchor.

Good luck!

I walked down the Seth Green trail and fished from shore...

I was out today in a drift boat with a friend and a new acquaintance who had never been to the Genny before...Started plugging the holes and the water was so slow it would hardly move the plugs and it was tough fishing but we mangaed to land a steelhead and lose 2 kings...Then we went to the "pond" and enjoyed the salmon festivites...