Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fishinfreak

Merc 150 4-stroke break-in question

I bought a new one this year and had no problems trolling with it just in gear. Has been fish slimed too. Have about 30 hours on it now. 

I'd finish the full break-in process before trolling for any length of time. The computer on it will track/record everything so the break-in data could become important (e.g. warranty  etc.)

Edited by Sk8man

I would run it a bit more, but the smart thing to do is call Mercury in the morning and ask them.  I have 485 hours on my 2 year old 150 four strokes.  I will tell you they are ok until about 400 hours then issues begin.  The prop chatter really bugs me at idle, it does get better if you upgrade the hubs. 

20180123_165300.jpg

I would run it a bit more, but the smart thing to do is call Mercury in the morning and ask them.  I have 485 hours on my 2 year old 150 four strokes.  I will tell you they are ok until about 400 hours then issues begin.  The prop chatter really bugs me at idle, it does get better if you upgrade the hubs. 

20180123_165300.thumb.jpg.5931db3e2889034cba464da53c08360b.jpg
What kind of issues are you having. Is it anything with Motor Performance or breakdowns. Starting to worry me

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app