Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Honeoye, Conesus, Greece ponds, braddock Bay, Canadice, Hemlock and Oneida are my favorites.  Lots of variety of species to choose from.  For starts, you will need jigging rods, tip ups, a tent, and an auger. 

Pat McManus used to say that before he went ice fishing, he'd sit outside and have his wife shovel snow down his back. If afterwards he still wanted to go, then he'd head to the doctors because he was a sick man...

Don't forget to add a sled to the list above, with a long rope to drag it on the ice, and a bucket for fish / to sit on. More the later than the former lol.

• Like 1

I ice fish Oneida Lake almost every weekend there is good ice, they covered the basics pretty well above. I'd also add an ice scoop and propane heater to the list for sure, a warm pair of insulated rubber boots (lot of time spent standing in ankle deep slush) and if you decide you like it I would look into some type of portable flasher unit.

Posted (edited)

Alternate Option: (that the rest of us didn't take) visit a psychiatrist instead probably cheaper and more comfortable on your back:lol:

Edited by Sk8man