Seneca 1-23-09 a up and down day with JASON.

Well how do you start a post with a title like that? As some may know My friend Jason is heading off to the world seeking another path to freedom(retirement).Sunday he will be heading to C.O.training ,so my son Casey & I took advantage of this warm day to share one more trip fishing together with Jason. Well as always the trip starts on this keyboard doing the weather checking wind ,temp,ect.and as always (almost) the man (weather) had his lucky guess pretty close the gentle s/e wind at 8 mph somehow managed to straighten the flags along the rt to the launch with the equivlency of 15plus winds ,and the water complemented the wind with 4 ft swells with cut little white caps.the temp was about 15 deg colder but that didnt slow us to our last trip before sunday.within min of deploying our secret weapons the rods were singing.the planers were out of our agenda due to the winds (stan) so it was dypsys and riggers day ,we landed 26 acording to my counter (jason) several in the 5,6 lb class with many smaller thrown in the mix . We pulled the plug around 4pm with a good days catch.between the 3 of us we had the fish cleaned in no time split our bounty and with a final hand shake and a hug i wished my friend well on his journy.................was the ups and downs of the day due to the mistated weather? Or was it from the 4 ft swells we encountered south of long point,it could of been the raising and lowering of riggers dypsys and fish,,,.,No it was "up" when he knocked on the door at 0615 this morning to start our day ,and it was "down" after our handshake and friendly embrace as he walked to his truck. Good friends are few and far between ,Good fishing buddies are even fewer and farther in between ..GOOD LUCK JASON.(now who can i blame my mistakes on?)

Ray:

Sorry you lost your fishin pal today. The time you guys spent on the water will be remembered for a lifetime. I commend you for your wintertime trolling. You seem to have very successful outings from what I read in the forum. What were catching them on and how deep were they?

Georged

Great post Ray, Thanks fer the pics, they are niiiiiccce. Hope Jason has a laptop and broadband so he can keep up on the forum with us... I sure like mine...especially when I'm bored to death waintin on someone to do some werk while I rummage around on the forum ;)

great post Ray. I'm bummed I could not go. ;( Sounds like you guys had a bunch of fish to tangle with, 2 and 3 on at a time according to Jason. He said the bear stew was really good and he'd be farting up a storm all night! Jason always has good things to say about you too, but fear not he will return soon to steal all the rods and hook all the fish!! :D

Ray, Ray there Mackinaw ( lake Trout ) Great day for you guys, Thanks for the report and pictures. The jason man will be back That little state you all live in is not that big . You all will still be spending many more fun hours drinking beer and tell true stories. About the days catch