Fish thief snubbers

The distance from the fasher/dodger to the fly/lure is critical for success.
Isn't that the case with or without a snubber. Not sure I understand how a snubber has anything to do with the distance between the Flasher and fly. 18 to 23 in is usually what I run. That is for any setup. Am I misunderstanding?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Why would you use a snubber  on anything but a dipsy ? And I don't like them on that . 

A snubber can negate a good Hookset  . 

Never used a snubber on a Dipsy that much . I never had good luck with them either. But this particular brand came recommended. I just bought them to have. And possibly try at some point. I bought the downrigger snubber to run with my high speed. Mag 10 STX and 16 lb weights. It takes a ton of stress off of your equipment and boat.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Why would you use a snubber  on anything but a dipsy ? And I don't like them on that . 

A snubber can negate a good Hookset  . 

For guys who have riggers that have hard/sudden start & stop it can take some stress off the equipment & gunnel of the boat.

I use snubbers when running my Amish boards.

I also use them when bottom bouncing for Lake Trout on my riggers. Takes some stress off the boom and creates a little more height separation between the presentation and weight, less chance of hanging up the spinners or hooking some Zebra Mussels.

Like HB2 said I personally don't see a reason to use them on a diver. With good drag & proper setting its not necessary.

hands down best snubber on the market, especially for downriggers. they handle 20lb weights with no problems and i dont run my otter boards without them as they absorb the shock when the boards jerk hard in rough water