Anybody using the Talora 7' med. dipsy rod?

chowder

Chowder:

I have 2 Talora dipsies that I retired: an 8' and a 9'. I took them out of service and replaced them Daiwa Heartland dispies. It's a personal preference issue. I wanted all my dipsies rods to be the same manufacturer so they would all bend the same with dipsies. It aids in keeping track of what's going on down below if all your rods react the same.

These rods were used with braid and look new. Available for sale or trade. I would be interested in a rod and reel for a 10 color core in exchange.

The Taloras are good rods but they have a faster action then the Heartlands so they bend or arch differently. Also, the graphite collects static electricity when a thunderstorm is in the area and you can get popped by them.

Chowder what do they cost? I am looking for two short wire rods I have alot of 10' to 11' foot rods. Sean

Sean, they are not a "inexpensive" rod at $55+ apiece, but I am interested in getting something w/ more action than a heavy or med/heavy for running both super braid and wire slide divers on the FLX. Right now I have a wire SD rigged up on a 10' Eagle Claw dipsy rod, and 2 super braid SDs on a pair of Daiwa 9'6" Firewolfs, these rods would probably be ok if I only fished Ontario but they really take the sport out of a lot of the rainbows, browns and salmon I run into.