Net help w/ pics please

GAMBLER

Now that I'm going to start putting the boat back together, I want some ideas for net holders. I did not like my old set up because you had to reach around the plainer board mast and under the tow line to get the net out. I was always afraid someone was going to drop one of my nets in the drink. Please post pics of your set up or a detailed description of how yours are set up.

I wonder if those floating foam tubes for swimming pools would be bouyant enough to at least float the net if it did fall in? That way you could at least go back and scoop it up if needed. They are about 2+1/2 inches in diameter and have a hole in the middle around an inch. If there wasn't ice on the pool still I'd go out and try it for ya. They are about 4 feet long. Just an idea

I put two of these on my boat ............

i014321sq02.jpg

One in the back on my downrigger board for when I'm fishing alone and one near the front on the right side. I can take some pictures if you want. I plan on putting one more on the front on the otherside.

Brian here's what a friend of mine made for me. Stainless steel pipe welded to a square base. It has a small hole drilled into the bottom and side so that water drains out of it. I wrapped some rubber tape to the top so that the net won't rattle or scrap. About 20 inches tall maybe more so no problem with it falling out and it's mounted up and out of the way.

If your interested I can take a better picture of it or stop by sometime to take a peak. Works well :yes: . I might even be able to get him to make one for you in exchange for a trip on your boat too for him and his son (16yrs old).

boat009.jpg