No Report.. Didn't Get Out!

Sluggo / NY

I was just hooking the boat up this morning when we got a call telling us that my father-in-law had taken a turn for the worse in a Rochester hospital. He passed away while we were enroute. My son will be arriving tomorrow morning from Iraq for his Grandpa's funeral.. so.. needless to say.. I probably won't be fishing for a few days! I honestly don't know what the river's like right now, but there's got to be ice flowing and it had to come up and get muddy. If I do get a chance to at least drive by.. I'll post my findings. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I want to thank you all for your prayers and expressions of sympathy. This loss is tougher than most I've been through. I know we can't pick our in-laws.. they come with the deal, but I was blessed with not only a sweetheart for a mother-in-law, but a father-in-law who turned out to be one of my best friends. We hunted and fished together and were always at each other's beckon call.. although it was usually me being beckoned ;) . I'm really going to miss the old guy. Thanks again, Sluggo (Chris)

Your not alone with your feelings for a friend in a father -in-law. I was preparing my boat that had been put away for years, and neglected. The reason for the renewed interest in fishing the big "o" was him...He said "I just wanna get out there, and catch one more big fish". He was 81 years old, survived ww2, was shot down over the English channel....now he couldn't see hardly at all, walked with a shuffle due to a stroke earlier in his life. He confided, he was having chest pains only to me, and as he was hoping to go out for that last big fish he finally decided to let the doctors try to fix him up.....needless to say he never came back from the hospital. I just put the boat back in the barn and waited until I could get over the feeling of lost time.

All the time you had with him, will be priceless memories, and it is a stark reminder that time is of the essence to enjoy and live to the fullest every moment we have here with friends and family. Peace to you and your family, Chris.

Mark

Chris-truly sorry for your's and your family's loss. Some memories may be good and some memories may be sad-but the memories of father in law seem to be the good kind. A better place is waiting for most of us and my prayers are with him, you and yours.

Walteye