Getting close

Chas0218

Only a few more days until the opener, as always I'm working down to the last few hours on the boat to have her ready. I hope everyone is safe and has good luck. I attached a couple photos from last year with my boys. Granted they weren't eyes but they had a blast.

20200505_195536.jpeg

20200506_142757.jpeg

Tight lines

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Opening night is an annual rite for me. Put in at 11:30 on Friday night and start fishing at midnight. Not this year. A forecast showing 37 degrees with snow showers at midnight and dropping to 32 by daybreak isn't good night fishing weather.  Especially on opening weekend which is usually less productive for me than the end of May, early June.

21 minutes ago, bosco said:

Opening night is an annual rite for me. Put in at 11:30 on Friday night and start fishing at midnight. Not this year. A forecast showing 37 degrees with snow showers at midnight and dropping to 32 by daybreak isn't good night fishing weather.  Especially on opening weekend which is usually less productive for me than the end of May, early June.

and windy as hell out of the WNW...not good

Yeah...I was originally going to try last year's plan and shoot for Erie / Chautauqua.  Last year on Friday night 12 mph winds were enough to force me to hug the break wall in my 16 footer on Erie and I only got 1. Next night (Saturday night) with even stronger winds forecast I decided I'd better just put in at Chautauqua and got 6. 1 pig, 2 eaters, and 3 shorts. But as the forecast starting to get dialed in a few days ago I decided on Honeoye. Close to home, small body of water. Wind wouldn't affect me too much. But when the hourly temps on weather.com reached out as far as Saturday AM, I saw that and said "nope". Probably wouldn't be a very enjoyable night. If I had a bigger boat and was down with trolling, maybe. But my boat is small and I hate dredging for fish. Especially Walleye.

• Like 1