Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. GAMBLER

    Dunkirk

    My buddy fished out of Dunkirk last week and did good. 65-80’ all over the water column. Gambler Rigs with a chunk of worm, stickbaits and spoons off riggers and divers. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. I just talked to a buddy that is out right now and it was 74 degrees on the bottom in 105'...…...100' down over 200'.
  3. The West winds last night blew in warmer water this morning. Our intake temp on the bottom in 50' Just West of the pier went from 53* yesterday all do to 74 degrees at this moment. You more than likely had colder water yesterday and warmer water today. When the lake upwells and colder water comes in, the perch usually come into shallower water. When warm water comes in, they move back out deeper for the most part. Until we get another East or NE blow, we will be stuck with warm water.
  4. 74* at our intake at work. it was 53* yesterday.
  5. Fishing was a little slower than normal for me. Lots of smallmouth in shallow. The big flat in front of Burnham Point State park was decent for smallmouth and a 25lb carp. Lots of good perch in 20-30' around the East point of Carlton Island. I also had a big pike slam a perch in 18' in that same area.
  6. I had this exact argument with a wind bag two years ago about the overtaking vessel. He told me I was wrong. It didn't end well for him.
  7. Gets bit but the floro doesn't hold up too good.
  8. I heard that you had to take the course for a jet ski even if you had your captains license. Not sure how true it is but if it is, that's a little ridiculous!
  9. Rochester Reel repair. Fast, great prices and great customer service.
  10. I leave them open. It allows them to dry after use.
  11. Find the area where 62* water meets the bottom and fish inside and outside of that zone. Black and silver spoons in stingray and smaller sizes ( mags do have their days). Riggers, divers and lead cores are best. Skim the bottom with a rigger or two. Cheaters take a lot of browns especially the later in the summer you get. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. I will be up there tomorrow through early next week. I found them the last two years all around Carlton Island along drop offs around the island. Feel free to pm and we can share info. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. I will be up there tomorrow through early next week. I found them the last two years all around Carlton Island along drop offs around the island. Feel free to pm and we can share info. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. Bald Eagle creek dries up most falls and has very little run. It may get Steelies in spring. Irondequoit Creek is a good possibility in the upper stretches. The Genny, Oswego, the Oak and Sandy more than likely do not have king natural repo. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. It’s going to change. It may not totally flip but cold water is coming. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. What tribs are good enough for natural reproduction in your opinion? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. There is a common misconception that you need to run out and put twillie tips on the end of your wire rods. You can run the wire until the top guide fails and that takes a lot of time on the water to do. I did it before I went to roller rods on all four of my wires rods. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. That’s good to hear. A lot of guys I talked to are saying not many small kings around. I have seen a good amount of bait. June it was ridiculous off of the port I fish. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. Black or clear divers on Wire not braid. Checking braid frequently = less time in the water which = less fish in the boat. A 1000' spool of wire will fit perfectly on most reels. Anything less than 1000' is rolling the dice when it comes to diver fishing.
  20. The last few years, there were numbers of all year classes of kings. Over the 35 years I have been fishing Lake Ontario, I have never seen the ratio to matures to young kings this out of whack.
  21. Mitchels on Lake Ave in Rochester has Familiar Bite.
  22. Time in the water with the kids is priceless. They grow up too fast! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. I know when they net on Conesus, they give them away to anyone with a fishing license. My buddy got free fish from them a couple years ago. They will give you a legal limit of each species.
  24. It is awesome to see your girls enjoy time on the water with you! Great report Jeremy!
×
×
  • Create New...