Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Found it. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fish_diseases/svc.html
  2. Wasn't there a disease running through the carp population a few years back? Couldn't they use the disease to wipe some of them out? There has to be a way to get rid of them.
  3. Temp is usually colder in top and slightly warmer on the bottom.
  4. This time of year they can show up anywhere. They will still be found on the bottom in the usual areas but not nearly as big of numbers. We found them in late Feb. one year in 180' on the bottom. We also caught some fishing Browns in 10-15' the same day.
  5. The entire bay is less than five feet deep. The creeks both have deep holes by the bridges but that's it.
  6. It is not that hard to do on your own. I'd be willing to bet that price quoted is the rigger cable end only. You would have to buy the other end.
  7. Mercury levels in the finger lakes and Lake Ontario are low now. I just had my blood and urine tested and my levels are WAY below the average and I eat a lot of fish from Lake Ontario.
  8. I'm more worried about two years classes of poor alewive production. 2012 class was huge. I would think if the winter stays this way, we will see another boom in alewives.
  9. Not close at all.
  10. I just looked at the Lake temp data for December 19th 2011 (the last non winter we had) and we are 2 degrees warmer on December 19th 2015. This is nothing but good news for the alewives and the trout and salmon! hopefully this puts the fishery back on track.
  11. Shut the light off. I had this same issue a couple years ago and found they did not like the light from my head lamp. I shut it off and it made a difference.
  12. I have been using the saltist a for 5 years now and they are the best diver reel out there IMO. The Tekotas are nice but the drags do not adjust and good as the Saltist. One click on the Tekota was too much or too little. The high speed retrieve is awesome when you have to rip in a diver to reset it.
  13. Take the boat and the flasher to Keuka. You can still jig the lakers the same way!
  14. A pike out of Canadiagua? I was scolded for saying that there were some pike in Canadiagua a couple years ago.
  15. They are closed.
  16. SNS blades are not plastic. They are very thin aluminum.
  17. Hopefully this will get the lake and it's issues back on track. The lake temp is a lot warmer than the last couple years at this time.
  18. I replace every year. It is a cheap insurance policy to replace it. I would rather replace my line every winter than replace tackle mid season.
  19. The intake is in 50' of water in the Rochester basin.
  20. Lapans comment about fifty degree water made me think about something. The lake is clearer and kings seem to be spending more time in deep cold water to get away from sunlight. If the salmon are spending more time in 39 degree water, their metabolism will be slower. Is this contributing to smaller fish?
  21. I heard they are selling the business. Buy it and make them!
  22. Lapan said they take from all year classes. He also said it should not affect genetics. I'm not too sure I believe that.
  23. The size difference could be wild vs stockers too. Lapan said the wild fish don't catch up in size until year 3 I believe.
  24. Could it be fresh water shrimp?
×
×
  • Create New...