Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. What kills me is a gas station can raise the price of gas without buying another load. How is that right? They get a load and the price isd $3.49 a gallon. The next day, the price of crude goes up and so does their price. They still paid the same price for the gas they are jacking up on us.
  2. I have heard it is a pain when the flees show up.
  3. I agree. Only problem is, skipper kings love this spoon.
  4. Happy Birthday Jay.
  5. Bloodshot, Thank You.
  6. I watched some coyotes chase the three deer that mill around the edge of the woods behind my house. The deer were back the next night so the coyotes lost. Not only fawns, but I think they get some weaker deer when the snow is deep.
  7. There will not be a fish left in that pond after people read this thread. A group of guys were fishing from Buffalo on the pond yesterday because of fish reports they read on the net. Hope you enjoy fishing in a crowd.
  8. I know it would suck but I have watched Iceshanty destroy some lakes. Unfortunatly, scumbags read these forums. I used to icefish Canadice and be one of the only people out there. Now a Saturday it is a zoo. The lake is left a mess (jerks leaving trash all over the ice or taking a dump in a hole). They have no respect for the fishery or the fish. People like this ruin it for everyone else. Sol, I think the teaching people C&R at events is great. These events will draw a better crowd than the internet. Anyone can sit at home and read the net. Only a select group (serious fishermen) will go to events like this therefore you are weeding most of the guys that will not respect the fishery.
  9. I knew Needle fish were being sold here before I read the post when I saw Sliderbite responding to this post.
  10. Q: Waneta Muskies...what can we do? A: Stop posting info about this lake on the Net! The more publicized this lake gets on the net, the more people will be fishing this lake. More people will keep them and put them on thier wall. 99% of the fishermen are not like you hard core musky guys. They catch one of these beautiful fish and have to take it home to show the wife and kids. Posts about these lakes allow Joe schmoe to go and figure out how to catch a musky. From the info posted here over the years, one could sit back and read and have a good start catching muskies.
  11. I see you were fishing in the salmon pens again. Nice shaker (can it even be classified as a shaker) Rob.
  12. Plastic parts is more than likely the issue .
  13. Happy Birthday Mike.
  14. That blue bike is his pier fishing ride .
  15. Happy B-day Bob. Hope it is a good one.
  16. bloodshot, I would go with the FL18. It has bottom zoom. It works great jigging lakers and smelt.
  17. 5 tip ups and 2 handlines per person and the fish populations are just fine.
  18. GAMBLER

    Honeoye

    Bass minnows for tip ups and a single spike on the smallest jig you can find for the gills and perch. They have been tough.
  19. Still don't agree with your T-ball thoery HB. A batter only has 1 bat. We can have 2 per person right now and soon to be 3. If you covered the plate with extra bats, you are more than likely going to hit the ball. LAW OF AVERAGES. A newbie will not go out there and put the rods all in the same section of the water column. He will spread the rods out. Once he finds fish, he can change things up and (as you would call it) "wait for his pitch".
  20. GAMBLER

    Honeoye

    Deep water is the game on Honeoye this season. Fish are hitting the smallest jigs you can find and you have to really intice them. Gills and perch are the game so far. I have not heard any good reports for walleye yet this season.
  21. Come on Tom. I fished in Feb. on year and it was cold like this. Break out the boat and get out there.
  22. Joe, I use leadcore rods for my coppers. They work great.
  23. Nice pictures Steve. Did you kidnap someones kid?
  24. No one said the third rod had to be an expensive one! Law of averages. If a newbie has more rods to run, the more chances he has of catching fish. That also makes it more likely that he is going to continue with the sport we all love. We all know that running the wrong speed or wrong depth will still produce fish. So if they are doing it wrong, more rods will increase their odds.
  25. Jimski, I now own Fred's old boat. My father is good friends with him. Small world.
×
×
  • Create New...