Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. It happens with my Mag 10 STX cannons too. Fast retrievals in choppy conditions throws slack into the cable.
  2. That's what I was talking about in my response.
  3. Does the canoe have registration papers with it?
  4. Like Dave, 8" paddles have been way better for me this season. bigger paddles have had their days but 8" have been more consistent.
  5. Having the actual rigger depth helps dial in the rest of your spread. Somedays details make all the difference. More info is great as long as you are smart enough to use it correctly.
  6. The lamprey are the issue! If the DEC gets the lamprey issue under control, survival rate for all species will be higher and bait populations will get the pressure they need!
  7. Could Huron Atlantics survive better due to less alewife in their diets?
  8. I have watched two drop down off of my work (Rochester).
  9. Yes. Some guys run them off inlines. I choose not to. Coppers are not much fun to reel in but they flat out catch fish!
  10. No divers on copper. I have 9 copper rods in different lengths. I run the coppers that achieve the depths I am working for fish.
  11. Not done yet but soon! Taxidermist sent me this pic Tuesday! Can’t wait! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. They all bend or break. Most of the time it is from hook removal. I have seen Addaya break just like Owners.
  13. 2 riggers with spoons cheated, 2 divers with ff / fly or meat, 2 coppers with meat. Simple, Spread out and catches fish!
  14. Cannon terminators are great!
  15. Purple Taco has bullet heads. Not exactly the same but close. Leroy is a great guy and runs a great business! https://www.purpletacoflysupply.com/
  16. Yes. The Sandy with better fishing for 3/4's of the season!
  17. I use it on lakers only Because they could care less. Kings may not be to keen on the color. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. I use it on my dedicated laker rods. The only reason I use the bright stuff is tangles. When I run stuff for kings while laker fishing, stuff gets tangled. It’s easier to untangle when the colors contrast each other! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. 15 a day. Non toxic shot, 10 gauge max. Must dispose of them properly Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. In great condition. Barely used. $25.00. Local pick up in Hilton/Hamlin area only.
  21. Pm sent
  22. I have a lightly used saltist 40 with a line counter I’m going to be putting up for sale for $150.00. It was my slide diver set up. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. What helped me in the past was keeping a journal. You will see seasonal patterns and little things that are huge at times. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. Just don't try to eat them out of there. They taste the way the water smells.
×
×
  • Create New...