Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. Can you imagine the ladies naming them?....something like Recipe Delight, or Fantasy Shopping Trip
  2. Yeah Justin I think he is referring to the probe for the X4 or 4D
  3. My hunch is that the problem may lie in the 4 oz. weight you put in it too much for it turning it on a severe angle
  4. http://www.weather.com/video/alarming-prediction-ahead-51223?collid=/video-minutes/great-outdoors
  5. I had a couple savage hits on flasher fly combos last time out running about 175 out and they didn't take either....when that happens I always wonder if they hit the flasher instead of the fly or something. I know I've had the chinooks do it on Lake O many times....even left teeth marks on the tape on the flashers
  6. It sure looks like the ball is the problem Dre and Tom's diagram together with your pic of the ball pretty much cinches it - the ball is off balance because of the eye that the wire is attached to being angled too far forward instead of being perpendicular or vertical.....and the suggestion of a (heavier) torpedo weight is a good one too.
  7. I think together all of us put together a "plan" for him Good info from all. You're under pressure to perform now jjfishes
  8. Certainly not a "master" of the Fingers (I don't believe there is one we all have our days but that is about it ) I think you will be OK without the riggers right now as there are probably fish suspended in the 50 ft range over whatever (10 color lead core) and wire divers with Flashers or Spinneys and flies generally work well especially with white and or green flies. Of concern is the level of fleas and possible weed pods depending on where you go. I've had better luck with medium and small spoons rather than the magnum sizes but some folks claim they do Ok with them. If it is calm and you can locate the fish jigging is productive....white jigs and white super flukes or white tubes usually work well on the Fingers.
  9. Keep in mind that the longer the leader the further upward the lure will go behind the copper when just running flutter spoons and light stuff like that by itself. Probably less action to the lure the further out you go as well. if you run longer leaders I'd adjust to heavier spoons (e.g. to a NK 28 vs. a Sutton 44 for example). Flasher's and Spinneys don't require an exceptionally long lead. In my view at least the copper wire going through the deep water may attract fish and when an attractor is used as well you're not as worried about "spooking" the fish and more concerned with action of the presentation than say on shallow clear water where the visibility may be more important.
  10. What about using say 3 beads to increase the distance from the edge?
  11. Tom's (Longline) idea sounds like something to try.Is it possible that the additional weight is sliping to the extreme side and binding against the braid....I should think braid might cut it easier than mono.
  12. Try here : http://www.fish307.com/cannon-downrigger-parts.aspx They list them for the Mag 10 at about $19
  13. For two years in a row there has been a huge die off of many warm water species especially perch, rock bass, smallmouth and bullheads mainly but also some trout as well.My hunch is that is some of it anyway.
  14. "When i wind up my rigger, my fishing line is still in the release", Dre- do you normally pop your lines from the releases before bringing up your weights if a fish doesn't release it? If you are checking your lines or changing lures etc. by bringing up the downrigger with the lines still in the release instead of popping them first it could do that on the way up. I'm assuming that you had tried the release and it didn't release the line before bringing up the weight though....
  15. Hey Dave....surprise! Two of the white ones did not come with the center wire I added it because they were used on my first set of outriggers but these are the original Black releases before they added on stuff.
  16. I guess my previous post on this got dumped when the server had problems but basically Pete I said you should be writing a fishing column for the newspaper or magazine fishing pieces ...very captivating description and incredible fish.... Les
  17. Hey Dave sounds as though Sheila is as "hardcore" as you
  18. The max on them is 10 lbs. recommended by Cannon.
  19. Nice work Joe.
  20. Great report and pics Dave. Man...the water looked real decent too.
  21. You should be able to get some tension on your spool if the reel is working properly....it sounds as though the reel itself that is the problem and not the copper. In that case all the adjustments to the copper setup won't do much until it is corrected.
  22. Mike makes a good point....I've known them both for years and used to live around the corner from them and they are wonderful people but the bait shop being open has always been erratic. They have a lot of "irons in the fire" They've had a variety of people working there over the years and Jadon is usually busy with the sight seeing boat etc. I also encourage folks to do business there but if you are counting on getting bait every day real early in the AM have a back up plan too.
  23. Scrap the Stren it has always had very poor tensile and knot strength. Use Big Game cheaper and better than the Stren.
×
×
  • Create New...