Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. Sk8man

    13.9LB Walleye

    It doesn't get any better than that!
  2. Not sure but looks like it might have belonged to Fred Flintstone
  3. Hey Gokudl use Dawn that way if you fall into an oil slick you'll be OK too (they use it on oil soaked animals and birds)
  4. Not sure yet ....small trolling motor issues.... Good luck if you fish it... Les
  5. Nice going Mike. That was a nice bow....looked like a female? Is the bait still clustered in shallow (40-70 ft) there like in Seneca and Canandaigua?
  6. Not every fish near the bait is a trout either...the smallmouths get their share as well as others....stick with it in any case....best of luck. Les P.S. let us know how the charter goes....
  7. The fish seem to still be in the 40-70 ft range along with concentrations of bait (usually by this time the bait breaks up and moves out deeper as do the fish and apparently they haven't moved out to the deeper water yet on Seneca or Canandaigua. Many folks are having a hard time getting the trout to hit though and it may be because they are chowing down pretty good at night with the available moonlight and with the bait in shallower they don't have to work hard or expend energy to get food so they aren't chasing lures etc. Just my "armchair" view....I'd keep trying in that depth range and hopefully you'll get some takers, and don't be surprised if you connect with browns in there too..
  8. Nice video Nick. I think you might need a bigger fly swatter though those things were pretty bad.... it looked as though Theresa's line was somewhere near Buffalo as she was bringing that King to the boat
  9. I was just joking and messing with you any action during June is GOOD action! Have a great season. It's further evidence that the laker population is alive and well in Lake O
  10. Nice going....but on the downside ...you may need to rename your boat to "Mud Chicken Express"
  11. :smile: Ed....yeah I'll try to keep my ego under control....I have you as my role model
  12. Early morning and late evening when the light levels are down....
  13. Sure beats the 4.89 I paid recently in Canandaigua
  14. It sounds as though there is something really wrong with the unit or the software. I'd contact them for instructions and send it back to them. For that kind of money you deserve to have them make it right.....seems that a lot of folks are having problems with that particular unit (or software). Good luck with it. Hope you did it through VISA or other credit card so worst case scenario you could have them go after Lowrance if they screw you around....Lowrance sure doesn't seem to be the same company (quality control wise ) as it was before they were taken over (or bought out)....
  15. Wow! Thanks you made my day
  16. Hey if things get real slow you folks could use that gold colored float stuff for swimming out there or tube fishing
  17. Yeah Theresa probably puts corks in them as soon as they come into the boat
  18. Thanks Guff. You are exactly right... my buddy Jim lives out that way and we get it there. As usual you are right on target with your information bud. Good luck with the jigging...
  19. I think Nautitroller is on the right track about the feeding phases and it could be an explanation of why the trout are still hanging with/near the bait in the early AM but won't hit on these other Finger lakes as well.
  20. Thanks Ed. I talked with Chad there a while back when I bought new power cords and I figured that as long as I have used them this way since 1985 I'd just spring for new ones when these give out (hope I don't jinx myself by saying that ). I am a bit concerned though about some of the commentary about the new ones.... Re: the lost fish...at least we know it wasn't the same one you lost unless there really is an underground channel connecting all these lakes it would be a blow to our egos to know that one fish had outsmarted BOTH of us
  21. That 31 lb laker is probably older than the guy too.. ...
  22. Fish Hunter....you are probably right... and I'm not saying I do it or to do it...I was just trying to use something ridiculous to illustrate the point.....the overbearing and over reaching government is way out of bounds these days and that's what I was trying to say with my comment....
  23. I was at the ramp at 4:50 am and there were already more than a half dozen trailers there and the boats already on the water....guess maybe I need to start a day ahead of time now.... I went looking for bait on west side and suspected that it was still in shallow and was I ever right....as much bait and fish in with them as I've seen in a long time. Huge clouds of sawbellies and on one of my passes I hooked a sawbelliy on each of my main downrigger lines the sliders and the one leadcore I had out They were that thick. I later used one of the sawbellies on the leadcore without success though. The leadcore fired and it was a 4-5 lb rainbow on a doctored up Sutton 22 and I released him and he took off immediately. I kept trolling through the bait pods back and forth but the south wind gusts made it hard to control my speed so I kept going south and came back north with the wind and marked all sorts of fish and bait but no takers. I then took off and went south to the east side just south of the point south of Pelican Point and dropped the downrigger and leadcore back in and after about 100 yards the leadcore took off and the rod was bent right over to the water with the drag going...at fist I thought I was hung on bottom or something but then the rod pulsated like mad and the drag went out again for what seemed like a mini lifetime....I had been right in the middle of bringing up my downrigger when he hit and don't have autostop on them so I guess I may have put a little too much tension on the leadcore while reaching for the button and although I had the fish about half in I could feel his mouth give and then ...gone. I had 6 colors out with about another100 ft of braid backing with a NK28 on it. I'm pretty sure it was a very big bow or brown from the feel of it.... after that it was troll troll and troll some more without any takers so I gave up about 12:30 and headed for the circus at the launch ramp. It is worth mentioning that at about 11AM I checked the exact area 45.8 ft - 60 ft.) I had spotted all the bait and fish earlier on the west side and I now marked one tiny pod of bait and no fish...I kid you not they were gone! I am now wondering if the bait moves into the shallows at night (and the fish with them) and then goes deeper or to the bottom somewhere in the daytime... I didn't go shallower looking so that is a possibility but with all the boat traffic in there I doubt it. The first bow came in 47 ft. water down 36 and the second about 40-45 feet down over 57 ft. In the early morning the bait and the fish appear to be in shallow at least at the north western part of the lake and along the east side heading toward Bare Hill back north to Pelican Point. Hope this saves someone some time for tomorrow morning.....good luck!
×
×
  • Create New...