Fished out of P’Ville 7:00-11:30 today. Fish seemed scattered. Took a couple small kings 95/190. At 250’, had a king take a meat rig on a dipsey out 250’. That fish ran out to 702’ of wire and the spool was getting close. Over the next 20 minutes, I got it back to 65’, still straight down …,,, then “boing” it was gone. Never saw it. About 11:00, had a laker on a F/F out 300’ on a dipsey. Fish came off about halfway to the boat. Saw very little bait. 

On 7/19/2023 at 3:50 PM, landingzone said:

Fished out of P’Ville 7:00-11:30 today. Fish seemed scattered. Took a couple small kings 95/190. At 250’, had a king take a meat rig on a dipsey out 250’. That fish ran out to 702’ of wire and the spool was getting close. Over the next 20 minutes, I got it back to 65’, still straight down …,,, then “boing” it was gone. Never saw it. About 11:00, had a laker on a F/F out 300’ on a dipsey. Fish came off about halfway to the boat. Saw very little bait. 

Iv÷ been busy with  2 family with dementia . so I haven't been able to fish much

I remind myself I've had 60 years of good fishing .So no complaints. 

I do go out late a)ways seems the best time

The sm bass were spread out like usual.i know there hiding places 

What a great year for salmon.I always get a few fish on.Wish more people would fish late.

Summer sure is flying bye.

Take advantage of August and fish every chance you have. 

20230728_204232.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hang  in there John:smile:. We have been dealing with the same issue with my mother-in-law. very stressful and time consuming but necessary. Finally got her into a facility so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Haven't fished since first week in June but hope to get out soon. Great pic by the way. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Managed a couple biggies this morning. Lost a few others and put back some skippies. Fish came in 400-600 fow, down 60-115’. Meat and dodger/fly combos best. Kinda slow but fun. Temp break was at 70’. 

IMG_4784.jpeg

IMG_4787.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

The strong west winds are a killer and drive the temp deep, especially the farther east you are on the lake.  The east wind should start to bring it up if it sticks around awhile.  However, at this time of the year the unstable weather will mix it all up for good. Might be time to forget the temp meter in close or head offshore to find a better set up.  Catch a big one !

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fished late lake had a ugly chop which did die down later.temp surprised me 51 at 100 over 160

Went south to 120 marked few kings,report was good 200 plus

It also very cloudy got dark early

Be out friday

On 8/24/2023 at 12:23 PM, john1947 said:

Fished late lake had a ugly chop which did die down later.temp surprised me 51 at 100 over 160

Went south to 120 marked few kings,report was good 200 plus

It also very cloudy got dark early

Be out friday

His first laker

20230825_110908.jpg

• Like 1

Took 2 boys out last evening. Temp was down 62 at 90.we got a nice one.diver 2 face.then a laker 105 down

It brings back good old memories [of going out with my sons whatever happened to family fishing.??.those were the good days lots more kings,no clams or gobies.

Fishing for smallmouth has picked up trolling with crankbaits.

Good luck

20230901_200142.jpg

• 2 months later...