Replacing aft bilge pump on Trophy 2052

Hawkeye50

I loved my Trophy with an outboard, but boy did they make some design flaws on those boats.  Bilge pumps buried where they can't be worked on, fish box rain collectors, etc.  Good luck.  You may have to leave it and relocate with a new set up, or pull the engine.

I just had a struggle finding mine.   I found it and learned about the cartridge style pumps.   My old boat you had to replace the whole pump.  Now its just a cartridge you twist out and the housing/ drain tube etc stays put.   This allows them to put the pumps in some crappy places and still have a viable option to swap the pump/motor only and leave the housing attached.   May not be the case for everyone but something to look for on boats with tight areas.  I had to do mine entirely by feel with one hand.  Not fun but once you learn to lift the release and twist counterclockwise you can do it.

Edited by JeffM

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 7:34 AM, JeffM said:

I just had a struggle finding mine.   I found it and learned about the cartridge style pumps.   My old boat you had to replace the whole pump.  Now its just a cartridge you twist out and the housing/ drain tube etc stays put.   This allows them to put the pumps in some crappy places and still have a viable option to swap the pump/motor only and leave the housing attached.   May not be the case for everyone but something to look for on boats with tight areas.  I had to do mine entirely by feel with one hand.  Not fun but once you learn to lift the release and twist counterclockwise you can do it.

Did you access the pump from in front of the engine or from port or starboard side of the engine.  Also, were there any tabs or clips that had to be pushed or so before twisting the cartridge counterclockwise.