Went out for a quick evening trip after waiting on the lake to settle down. Fished 80 to 210 fow. Only saw bait in 185 and 195 fow down 60 to 90. Fished 630 till dark and only ended up with one small king on a mag green glow alwive spoon. Anyone else have better luck than us today/ tonight?

7 hours ago, ShawnJ said:

Went out for a quick evening trip after waiting on the lake to settle down. Fished 80 to 210 fow. Only saw bait in 185 and 195 fow down 60 to 90. Fished 630 till dark and only ended up with one small king on a mag green glow alwive spoon. Anyone else have better luck than us today/ tonight?

I got 2 small fish in 80 to 110 

We fished this morning and rotted for the first couple hours, then poked a teenager and 24 lber in the last hour, after 9 am. We also had half a dozen short rips. Mouths getting hard? Beautiful morning, with more boat traffic than I've seen off Sandy any other Sunday this whole year.

I was out solo 

First light ,80 ft hit on a big bullfrog flasher rips out some line and gone . Put it back down 20 min later release and nothing . Trolled around for a while and got pushed out  so I decided to head north . carbon goes , rod bounces a bit and gone , put it back down 5 min later 18# king 

And  a Skippy on a Glo frog slide diver . 

He Gator , did you cut anyone off this week ? 🤣

I set lines at 630, out at 1030. and had our first hit about a minute after I got my last rod set.  After that we missed 3 hits in a row with 2 on the rigger with carbon 14 spoon and another on a slide diver.  Ive had a pretty good hookup ratio this year but not today.  Ended up with 6 kings and a couple of lakers.  Kings all on wire slide divers with mag ring out 150-175.  Lakers came on a 400 steel with large Spin Dr and meat.  Total for the morning was 4 skippies, a small 2 year old and either a very small mature or very large 2 year old around 11-12#.  Small mature? I fished 110 to 140 most of the morning.  Had a great screen for the first couple of hours and then had a hard time getting any consistency on the screen.   I spoke to a guy that was out solo walking back to the truck on the way out.  Was that you HB2?

We set out at 7AM this morning, ended up 4 for 5. 3 skips: one on rigger, and 2 on diver with a mixed veggie. All in 85-120 fow. Fish seemed scattered later morning so we tried out to 220 and a nice mature takes a 450 copper run - grampa and grandson took turns reeling it in.  the wind picked up and it got a bit sporty/annoying, so pulled and scooted. 

15 hours ago, HB2 said:

I was out solo 

First light ,80 ft hit on a big bullfrog flasher rips out some line and gone . Put it back down 20 min later release and nothing . Trolled around for a while and got pushed out  so I decided to head north . carbon goes , rod bounces a bit and gone , put it back down 5 min later 18# king 

And  a Skippy on a Glo frog slide diver . 

He Gator , did you cut anyone off this week ? 🤣

Boy, I hope not. But if I did, you can be sure it was at the ankles...

Interestingly, my boat turned into a stick-shift after the Shootout. Dangdest thing.

As for me , unfortunately, I did not cut anyone off either. But next time I will make a concerted effort and try harder . 

I did have a few boats bearing down on me and make me turn off . I'm thinking about having a paint ball gun onboard and firing a few rounds on those that need it .

It sure would add to the fun 😊 😊

• Haha 1