Canandaigua Canandaigua 8/13

Been a busy summer. Last time I got out out was July due to many different reasons. Game plan was to target rainbows. Ended up 6 for 9 with 3 rainbows and 3 Lakers. All fish released. Two of the bigger bows looked skinny. Lakers were smaller. Had a couple leadcores out, 2 dipsy rods and 2 riggers. Eventually ditched flasher fly bc fish seemed to want spoons. Fleas weren't bad.

20230813_094040.jpg

20230813_110458.jpg

20230813_102657.jpg

Edited by troutman10
  • Like 3

There are still some good ones in there but you will seldom find them trolling out deep. They are usually within the first 80-90 ft water out from shore and at this time of the year just off bottom and especially near points and drop-offs and if you can find 58-60 degree water near bottom in these areas that is where you stand the best chance of hooking up. Although it is seldom done anymore out here night fishing for them with live sawbellies especially at the south end of the lake is what would be best to try.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Trouthunter said:

IF YOU ARE AFTER BROWNS WORK THE EDGES & POINTS BROWNS ARE AMBUSH HUNTERS THEY FEED ON THE EDGES CATCHING THE BAIT THAT WAY

ALSO STICKBAITS HAVE CAUGHT US ALMOST ALL OF OUR BROWNS

• 2 weeks later...

I know were the Browns are just seeing if any body caught any . I see'em scuba diving They is fun to watch. along with bass some big smallies always hang around anchor balls. Browns outside lookin in fast buggers for being fat. Caught 11 lb in derby a few years back when monster laker was caught. Laker made my brown look like chum bait. Haha that was amazing. Wish my old grand dad could have seen that!!! Oh ya caught that brown just south of the vine about 30 yds. off shore. top leader on seth green rig just put at 6:30 am .yelling at wife (i mean The Captain for getting to close). heavy rod went nuts , cranked up 20 ft. to top leader fought fish on 12 ft #10lb. leader she swung around back of boat right into net in right hand . One lucky duck !! That makes fishin fun. Caught on gramps old sutton 22 hammered. Must have been lookin down.