South wind. Got out about 7am to 200 ft in front of ibay. We set up with spoons and meat. It was a steady morning. We lost 2 matures and landed one22lb king on a mag dipsey meat rig out 230 on a 1 setting. 
We went 2-8 (ugh) but when I looked down and noticed I was in 536 ft of water roughly 11 miles out I thought it’s time to pick up. I have not been that far out before but it was a nice day and other boats were around. The south wind pushed us out for a relaxing troll which was nice. F6F2D319-1710-40E4-9F35-E44527C06FB0.thumb.jpeg.87dbb603cecc681bb984486625299466.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice report, thanks!

just a quick question

I haven’t had much luck with the wind and wave reports so far this year, so at 4 am this morning I canceled my drive up. NOAA was 1-3 and Marine Weather was 2 or less, both were 10-15 knots south. Windfinder had 8 mph south with very little wave action.

it looks pretty calm in your picture, what did you find in real life!

thanks

• Like 1

Buster, I think I saw you waaay out there Thursday morning.  I wasn't marking much in the 150-250 fow range, and the farthest I went was 340.  I did manage one 8 lb king 80/290 on a DW mag light green spoon.  As you said, on a north troll everything was fine.  The turn to the south was bumpy.  Can't imagine your ride back from 530'.  At least you had some decent action.