Targeting Steelhead

I haven't ran into a steelhead yet this year. And I'm still looking to catch my first one. 

Anyone willing on sharing some tips on location as far as steelhead go for this time of year? I'm on the eastern end of the lake (Mexico Point)  

Edited by RH93

I was out Wednesday morning in front lakeside state park roughly.  Had a lot of fun with steelhead out in 400-500ft down 65-70. They were very active and made some impressive jumps.  All sizes all released biggest was probably in the 11/12# range

Edited by Reel Chaos

In addition to what was already said if you want to target them specifically I troll with spoons and crank the speed up to around 3.1.  Additionally Flasher/spin-doctor Fly work good also for them with that speed. 

With the PANOPTIX I have I can tell if its a steelhead as they come after the baits twice as fast as salmon do.  

when targeting them I use a lot of orange spoons. I catch a few on other spoons but orange will outproduce all the other spoons put together. when running spoons I like my speed 2.7 to 3.4 for my best speed., another great spoon for me has been the chrome/blue with the chrome back.