I went out walleye trolling this evening on the SLR and caught two walleyes, as you can probably tell by the title of this post, one of my fish was attacked by a musky on its way in. I was reeling in the fish and about halfway to the boat i felt it pick up a lot of weight. I fought this bigger fish for about 10 minutes when i finally got it to the boat and saw it was a musky. Upon seeing the boat, the musky spit out the walleye and swam off slowly, allowing me to get a real good look at it. I’m not sure exactly how big this musky was, my only other experience with a musky in/near the boat was when my buddy caught a 48 inch musky a few years ago, and from what i could tell this fish i saw tonight was quite a bit bigger than that fish a few years back. It stings not being able to get the musky in the boat (still looking for my first one) but it was a memory that i’m sure i won’t forget. I thought this was a cool story to share, below are a few pictures of the walleye that was attacked. IMG_5381.thumb.jpeg.076e07aab93ec18a30a7aa74032291c0.jpegIMG_5382.thumb.jpeg.1ce488bd97e571bb5b4e08cfac6c8e61.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, justtracytrolling said:

Ive had the same thing happen 4 times on otisco with big tigers on walleye, and several other times with bass, catfish, and white perch.  Most recently a 20 inch largemouth. 

Now that's a mouth full 20" LMB

• 2 weeks later...