Best lead core line for finger lakes?

Breaking the lead inside doesn"t affect the line strength much the outer sheathing gives it the strength. Most kinks can be straightened out too without much effect on line integrity. But....new line is pretty inexpensive too so that is usually a good option as well.:smile:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Long time fisherman said:

Thanks Yankee Troller! What do you figure is your depth with a scorpion size spoon out 10 colors at approximately 2.5 GPS?

I figure 40-45', but I'm sure it is more or less depending on currents and thermoclines.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd leave the spoon on if light one and attach the TD at the swivel on the leader where it meets the leadcore. Even with the spoon the depth should be within 5 ft or so

1 hour ago, Long time fisherman said:

SK8man thanks for the reply.  I don’t get the reason to attach to the core? 

If the TD is placed right at the lure it may read deeper than it would normally run. The resistance of the leadcore in the water if placed where mentioned should give a better estimate of where a light spoon is running otherwise it may appear to be running deeper if placed at the spoon end. Just my way of doing it but others may have other ideas too.

• Thanks 1