Leadcore Recommendations

In need of some.leadcore line replacement so asking for thoughts on different brands, sizes.  Been using Suffix 27lb since starting with cores and no real complaints.  Does their 832 Advanced have advantages?  Are other brands all about the same or do certain ones really provide more stealth and if so, does it really matter if running a 40-50 foot leader.  Appreciate any dialogue offered.

1 hour ago, Reel Doc said:

In need of some.leadcore line replacement so asking for thoughts on different brands, sizes.  Been using Suffix 27lb since starting with cores and no real complaints.  Does their 832 Advanced have advantages?  Are other brands all about the same or do certain ones really provide more stealth and if so, does it really matter if running a 40-50 foot leader.  Appreciate any dialogue offered.

Im Blood Run all the way. Great product. Great service. Literally one stop shopping for all your trolling needs. Whether its lead, wire, copper, fluoro, mono, steel

https://bloodrunfishing.com/

Leadcore is a stealthy presentation to begin with. I run a 36' leader with my leadcore. I replace it once it gets down to about 20'ish

I use "Micro" leadcore because of its smaller diameter and same sink rate as regular leadcore.  I like to use the smallest reels I can get away with so the diameter is important to me.  Example being I can fit 10 colors on a reel with a few hundred yards of backer while regular leadcore can fit 6 or 7 colors. I dont think it would make much difference if you are running larger reels. 

The 27# suffix 832 is probably a great option but I haven't seen it available in a couple of years. (I have not looked recently so it may be available)  I use tuffline 27# micro mainly because that was the only thing I could find at the time.

Most of my fishing season is focused on walleye in LE and I rely on leadcore.  I have used Bass Pro's and Suffix and cant tell the difference.  Both brands run fine and hold up for years...but I'm not dealing much with fleas or drag screaming runs.

Appreciate all of your preferences but would like to know if there is any science behind the favorite choices.  Any proof that the Stealthcore colors of black and red provide more stealth or the micro core thinner diameter does the same?   Or does it really matter what brand used if the flouro leader provides 40 feet of stealth.   I'm really wondering if that's the case........

21 minutes ago, Reel Doc said:

Appreciate all of your preferences but would like to know if there is any science behind the favorite choices.  Any proof that the Stealthcore colors of black and red provide more stealth or the micro core thinner diameter does the same?   Or does it really matter what brand used if the flouro leader provides 40 feet of stealth.   I'm really wondering if that's the case........

I like the stealth core because of its durability.  I have run Mason, Suffix and Stealth core and the Stealth Core is a lot more durable than the other two brands.   As for stealthier, I wouldn't say it's any different in that aspect.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

I don't particularly buy into the "Stealth" deal with FishUSA's Stealthcore. I ran a few different brands in the past and had issues with durability. I finally settled on Suffix, which is a great choice as well. However, their colors were obnoxiously bright. I tried the Stealthcore becasue a friend asked me to. The durability has been great, so I have stuck with it. The claim that it is "stealthier" can't hurt I guess.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

I don't particularly buy into the "Stealth" deal with FishUSA's Stealthcore. I ran a few different brands in the past and had issues with durability. I finally settled on Suffix, which is a great choice as well. However, their colors were obnoxiously bright. I tried the Stealthcore becasue a friend asked me to. The durability has been great, so I have stuck with it. The claim that it is "stealthier" can't hurt I guess.

Do you think colors on leadcore are a deterrent to the fish, especially if a long flouro leader?