Thanks for the post! Just having a lil fun honestly, made me happy to see they worked! Turning my favorite spoons and musky lures colors into stick baits. 

20240314_055638.jpg

20240314_055651.jpg

20240314_055657.jpg

20240314_055701.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chowder said:

Are they priced through the roof like most custom musky baits ?

Not these.  Not even 2% of the time invested compared to a musky lure. 90% of the cost of Musky Lures imo is in the prep getting them ready to paint. I charge my buddies very little for the plastic blanks and it's just for fun bc trout patterns are so simple. 

20240315_082120~2.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently these finished baits are not for sale. Frankly IMHO this seems like a strange post due to the fact that very very few people on LOU have the technology or the very specific knowledge to paint baits. The price of blanks is really a moot point. Just saying

13 minutes ago, chowder said:

Apparently these finished baits are not for sale. Frankly IMHO this seems like a strange post due to the fact that very very few people on LOU have the technology or the very specific knowledge to paint baits. The price of blanks is really a moot point. Just saying

Zach is a long time member of LOU and has sold tons of musky lures to LOU members.  It is legit.  Why question his new venture?  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Zach is a long time member of LOU and has sold tons of musky lures to LOU members.  It is legit.  Why question his new venture?  

Are these baits for sale? It doesn’t say so. Why not just run an Ad?

30 minutes ago, chowder said:

Are these baits for sale? It doesn’t say so. Why not just run an Ad?

By the looks of it, he is trying to get it started making brown baits.  Many people (including myself) have started a business making tackle right here on LOU.  It's great for the guys to get quality baits from a guy like Zach.  Stand up guy that makes a great product.  

• Like 2

I still don’t understand this whole thread. I have no problem with anyone starting a business. I have a business too. What I do have a problem with is the disingenuous way this thread is being played. If someone is selling a product then answer a question about price. It’s as simple as that. Don’t post a bunch of pictures and get friends to do the same and throw out some smoke and mirrors about quality. This isn’t a Facebook page. It’s supposed to be a fishing forum. If someone wants to start a genuine thread to help others learn how to buy blanks and paint lures - right on, but don’t put up pictures of stuff that you are trying to sell while packaging it in BS and then not answer questions about what you’re product sells for. 

27 minutes ago, chowder said:

I still don’t understand this whole thread. I have no problem with anyone starting a business. I have a business too. What I do have a problem with is the disingenuous way this thread is being played. If someone is selling a product then answer a question about price. It’s as simple as that. Don’t post a bunch of pictures and get friends to do the same and throw out some smoke and mirrors about quality. This isn’t a Facebook page. It’s supposed to be a fishing forum. If someone wants to start a genuine thread to help others learn how to buy blanks and paint lures - right on, but don’t put up pictures of stuff that you are trying to sell while packaging it in BS and then not answer questions about what you’re product sells for. 

The author of the topic is not the manufacturer.  He was plugging Zach's stick and body baits he painted.   I don't see why this bothers you so much.  If you want to know more, PM Zach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zach’s musky baits are legendary. Based on what I’ve read here he has been spending more time targeting trout and salmon, especially when water temps are high in musky water making them even more vulnerable than they are in cooler water. Guy decides to play with painting some sticks, shares them with a few friends who find them productive. I think it’s pretty cool. 
They look awesome to me, if he decides to sell a few in the future I will probably pick up a few. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:59 PM, chowder said:

I sent a message to ya Chowder, ever need anything- just lmk. Happy to help!

This is just for fun bc making a dollar or two painting isn't even really worth my time honestly if it wasn't for helping friends and the smiles involved.  Thanks for all the good words gentlemen! 

• Like 4