Posted (edited)

Tough day today this morning.  At least I had company this weekend (last week I was solo).  I slowly put six lines in (probably all in by 6:30 [hard to get teenage girls up "early enough"]).  We did not mark fish and just looked for temp and currents (direction really did not matter out there today (weird).  We ended up going four for four.  Had to clean lined from the seaweed floating around until we got out past 270' (we started in 95').  We looked around in the 150 to 200 range, changes lures, made a few turns here and there and decided to go more NE than NW.  I got a 7.5 pound salmon on a white crush glow flasher pulling a green glow fly(?).  Fifteen minutes later, my daughter reeled in a nice 15.5 pound salmon on the same setup.  We had the dipsy on a 3 setting (with braid) and out 255 both times, her fish took her out to 340. About 30 minutes later, the rigger started bouncing and finally released as I was sending out the five core.  We got about a 3.5 pound salmon on a all white glow Moonshine Mag (release him in the water).  After 6 hours of washing lures and trying to find fish, we started picking up.  I released the inline planer with the 5 core (pulling a green glow with orange dots Stingray) and it was heavy; who knows how long that (guessing) 6.5-7 pounder was swimming with us.  Lively as ever when he got to the boat.  We had to bring him in the boat to get the two hooks out but he was full of spunk and we revived him and he took off.  We had lines in for 6 and a half hours (that's why I stated it was a "tough" day.

The boat ran well, the fog was thick, I spent time with my daughter, and fish were caught.  Fishing (or catching) is definitely better than sitting at home...

IMG_2931.thumb.jpg.4077416e559d326a8bca98e1d294aa75.jpg

Edited by Hillside
more info
  • Like 6

SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT FATHER-DAUGHTER DAY TO ME. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE TRANSITION PERIOD RIGHT NOW FROM SPRING TO SUMMER. THINGS WILL GET BETTER IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO. SPEND TIME WITH THE YOUNG ANGLERS. TIGHT LINES.

52 minutes ago, jollyroger said:

SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT FATHER-DAUGHTER DAY TO ME. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE TRANSITION PERIOD RIGHT NOW FROM SPRING TO SUMMER. THINGS WILL GET BETTER IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO. SPEND TIME WITH THE YOUNG ANGLERS. TIGHT LINES.

The nice thing is that she will be around for a few more years; she is going to college around here next year.

Great report John :smile: Good to see that you hung on to the boat for more of those family times.  Life is short and it pays to make the most of those family outings.