Knot for flasher/fly

I just stocked up with some new flasher/fly combos and wanted to know the knot for tying them together. I always used an improved clinch, but somewhere I saw a loop knot? I don't know the name of the knot, and can't find any instructions on how to tie it. Any help would be appreciated. Jeremy

I only use an overhand knot. Its quick, simple, and strong. Also with a loop knot you can easily change your combo without having to retie

I form a loop in the end of the line of the fly. Then I tie a surgeon's loop keeping the "loop end" sticking out of the knot about 1/2" in diameter. I then pass the end of this loop through the ring on the swivel of the Spin Dr. and then pass the entire fly through the loop and snug it tight. Unless you add another swivel, on Spin Dr's, you have a fixed ring that you either have to tie directly to, or make a loop and pass it through.

It's sort of similar to a Palomar knot.

- Chris

I just use the Palomar, then if I want to move the fly I just take the snap off the flasher. At some point I must have gotten some of the big swivel snaps because I seem to have a stash of them available to tie new flies to. Ernie L. warned me to try to stay away from the loop knot .