Hi All, new to the board. Rigged up my 18 footer with some riggers, spent a small fortune on rods and other stuff and was on the water for the first time. With the help of a great fellow angler, I landed my first ever king on my very first dipsy set up in 60 feet over 130 feet of water.

This stuff is easy ;)

p><p><a  href=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4351/94789399.th.jpg' alt='94789399.th.jpg'>

Welcome aboard...

Congrats on ur first King...The fealing is AWESOME and lasts a lifetime...

Gotta love them Divers...I like to flash mine with a Spin Doctor and blue or green flies or spoons...

Outta four different setups, divers wins, hands down...

Will

I wanna hear you say that after you've maxed out your credit cards, you're hooked :D

Welcome to the site & Congrats on a very nice king. ;)

Credit card took a beating. I have no choice but to fish for kings for the rest of my life just to try to justify the cost. Hopefully this will be better than my golf game. Sort of like hitting your first drive 270 yards and then waiting 5 years and thousands of dollars just to hit one like that again ;(

"Let the bodies hit the floor..."

Insanity, pure and simple. It ain't easy. I think the fish draw straws to see who must sacrifice themselves to the new guy. They want you out there trolling all over the lake. See, it's a game to them. They get to charge around whacking at flies, spoons and plugs to see how close they can get to the hooks. Sort of like an aquatic game of chicken or russian roulette. After that, the lucky ones get to really hone thier skills dodging flies and hooks in the rivers as they move upstream. We only get to play with and eat the unlucky few that screw up.

In my case, a 29 lb 14 oz bruiser was my saccrificial king on my very first outing in my 19 footer. It's on my wall and I'm on its lake. It's now an addiction which has seen me buy a 28 foot Penn Yan and rigg it as well as a charter boat while keeping the 19 footer.

I see dead fish.....

What jekyll said :yes: Me too, tried to fish cheaply, did OK, now fish expensively, still do OK, ....just more broke, looking around for more first timers to the sport of KINGS, so I can get that over the shoulder look of bewilderment and pure shock at the first peel off the reel. The expressions are better than words can describe, but sometimes the words are pure comedy.

Welcome to the madness, your fellow angler is to blame for your new found need for dopamine (hormone of happiness) high. :clap::rofl:

Mark

"Let the bodies hit the floor..."

Insanity, pure and simple. It ain't easy. I think the fish draw straws to see who must sacrifice themselves to the new guy. They want you out there trolling all over the lake. See, it's a game to them. They get to charge around whacking at flies, spoons and plugs to see how close they can get to the hooks. Sort of like an aquatic game of chicken or russian roulette. After that, the lucky ones get to really hone thier skills dodging flies and hooks in the rivers as they move upstream. We only get to play with and eat the unlucky few that screw up.

In my case, a 29 lb 14 oz bruiser was my saccrificial king on my very first outing in my 19 footer. It's on my wall and I'm on its lake. It's now an addiction which has seen me buy a 28 foot Penn Yan and rigg it as well as a charter boat while keeping the 19 footer.

I see dead fish.....

I already started browsing for a second boat. Just when my wife thought it couldn't get any worse