good video of ethanol related problems

Most marinas are still selling NON-ETHANOL gas. The ethanol movement has been confusing for the last two years because locations selling fuel as well as distributors do not want to get slapped with a fine. Originally (2007) the government said you must convert to ethanol gas after you sell whats presently in your tanks. We sold off our tanks and asked our supplier for ethanol, they said sure but they had to sell off their tanks and then the refineries need to sell of their tanks. I am told by our supplier that North America has one to three years of fuel stocked at refineries and that is NON-ETHANOL stock. Thus anybody who can get NON-ETHANOL gas, gets it because it is trouble free in new and old engines. Our gas, Valvetec is mixed from NON-ETHANOL gas for now but will change when their supplies run out. If you notice many highway gas stations had ethanol stickers on their pumps but many pulled them off or crossed off the 10% ethanol portion.

The troubles are yet to come, it is a fact that many boaters in Florida are having troubles because they filled up at highway gas stations and did get ethanol gas. The motors ran poorly and it was not just old boats, many were current models.

Use additives, change filters and don't let the gas get old.

Tim Habecker

Krenzer Marine

Star Tron I heard is a good product. Haven't used it but I use Lucas upper cylinder lubricant and fuel conditioner in my marine engines as well as the BIG truck caterpillar diesel. It definitely helps with the fuel economy on everything it is used in, gas or diesel. I get better performance out of my 225 Yamaha two stroke. 1 quart for every 100 gals of fuel. Bottles are marked with ounces on the side for easy metering.

Mark