Chautauqua Musky Tournament

Thanks for the insight Zach.

Interesting that they are taking off the rear treble, the info we got was to use a steel leader so the hook would not damage the fluoro leader.

Glad we did cause the fish was hooked on rear treble! Also interesting that the Mr Toothy lure ran better with the spoon than an Ernie we tried first. It really destroyed the action on the Erine but had little effect on Mr Toothy! Did the King part of the name come from Nothern King Spoons? Cause Im pretty sure that is what we used.

i dont know about the northern kings having to do anything w/ the name of it. there was an article in mh a few years back covering this set up and it explained the set up. i think king just sounds good, but maybe. anyone ever use those trolling leaders w/ the blade on them? i see alot like this but personally haven't used em.

• 3 weeks later...

On Sept. 18th Guide Mike Sperry will give a Seminar at 7:00p.m. at Happy Hooker Bait Shop.The Door Prizes are:Beckman Magnum FinSaver Net and (4)four Hi-Fin Magnum Trophy Divers Jtd w/Niagara Big Two Pull Lip in Glitter Shad color! All you need to do to win is show up!

Those who send in their $25 Tourney Entry Fee by August 31st will go into a Drawing for a St.Croix 8' Hvy Premier Rod value $230.

As of August 22nd there are 25 fishermen in so far,thats 26:1 odds for the next fishermen that sends in his Tourney Entry Fee! Send your Tourney Entry Fee of $25 to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223

For more Tourney Info go to www.mostlymuskies.com/reports.htm

Capt. Larry D. Jones :D:D:D

Thanks for the post Larry. I am in guys. I have two Tuff Shads on they way! Look out. :yes: I am also working on a kicker motor and if everything goes just perfect I'll have my boat down there. :P Otherwise I'll be fishin with Solgrande wich aint so bad either!

That 8ft St Croix would make a nice addition to our arsenal!!!! Cant wait to get there!

I hear the first round is on Capt. Larry. :lol:

Larry!!! Welcome to LOU! We are glad to finally have you aboard :yes::clap::clap::clap::yes:

I am sure we will get a bunch of guys from LOU to join your tournament. Recently I have been very busy working on an upgrade to our LOU Calendar. One of the primary new feature of the calendar is "Event Registration". I have not yet had a chance to really test out this new feature but I think I might give it a try with your tournament just to get a better idea of how many LOU guys might be going to this.

Look for the event located on the Calendar here:

calendar.php

Click on the event to view event details and scroll down to the bottom of the event to register and view others that have registered for the event already.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kind regards -

Chad

The Door Prizes to ge given away after Guide Mike Sperry's Seminar 7:00 p.m. Sept. 18th at Happy Hooker Bait Shop have grown to:(1)one Beckman Magnum FinSaver Net,(4)four Hi-Fin Magnum Trophy Divers Jtd,(2)two Stud Dog Spinners by Vinces Spinner Shop,(4)four Monster Tubes by Red October Baits and (2)two 9" Depthraiders Straight in Night Shinner color.To Win any of the Prizes one only needs to show up for Guide Mike Sperry's Seminar,each person in attendance will be given one chance ticket.Notice:August 31st deadline for Early Tourney Entry Drawing for the St.Croix 8' Hvy Premier Rod is fast aproaching! Any Tourney Entry Post Marked by August 31st will be in the Drawing.Mail your Sept 19th Chautauqua Cash Tournament Entry Fee of $25 to Capt. Larry D. Jones,268 Harrison Ave,Buffalo,NY 14223

Thanks,Capt. Larry D. Jones

Larry -

Sent in our entry monies today. Three entries for our boat (myself, Larry and Joe Dolan). I have a golf tournament the Friday of Mike Sperry's seminar but I think I can make it still if I get one of the early tee times. It will be close but hopefully at worst I will just be late to the party. Looking forward to it!

For anyone else going down there, where do you typically stay? Last couple times I have gone down we have rented a cottage but that was for a week at a time. Any good places you would recommend for the weekend?

Thanks!

Chad

You could try the chautauqua efficincy apartments or the magnolia(Tom Murray@ 1-716-386-5854home or 716-386-4005busfor chaut.eff.apts.....bemus pt rt430/magnolia eff.motel 716-789-3447rt394 just down the prendergast launch).I`ve stayed at both places a few times usually late into the season when weather is crappy and cold.Stove,shower,frig.microwave,HEAT!!.Otherwise i camp @ wildwood campgrounds.

Bob S

Camp Pendergast has some nice Cabins for $70 per night,you can park the boat right next to them and plug in to charge.

Located at 6238 Davis Road,come out of Prendergast Hatchery road,turn left on NY Route 394,cross over the Prendergast Creek Bridge then turn right on Davis Road,short distance up on the right.Camp Prendergast 716-789-3485 or email Pat & Rich Davidson at [email protected]

Capt. Larry

Remember August 31st is the Deadline to get your Chautauqua Cash Tournament Entry Fee of $25 sent in if you want to take part in the Drawing for the St. Croix 8'Hvy Premier Rod.Any mail post marked for August 31st will be included.Late sign up ,if there are remaining spots,will be at Guide Mike Sperry's Seminar 7:00 p.m. Sept. 18th at Happy Hooker Bait Shop or Sept 19th from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at the Prendergast Hatchery Boat Launch.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

www.mostlymuskies.com

As of August 30th we have 40 fishermen Entered in the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tourney.There will be a few more in todays and tomarrows snail mail that were post marked on the 31st of August.I'm leaving this morning for my trailer down near Chautauqua Lake for four days of guding.When I return on Saturday I will get the final count of those who sent in there Entry Fee by August 31st for Early Entry St.Croix 8' Hvy Premier Rod Drawing.We will draw one lucky winner and give the St.Croix Rod to that winner at Guide Mike Sperry's Seminar on Sept. 18th,7:00p.m. at Happy Hooker Bait Shop.If you get your Entry post marked today at the post office you still can get in on the St. Croix Rod Drawing for Early Entry!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

www.mostlymuskies.com

There were 50 fishermen signed up for the Sept 19th Tourney at this point,all 50 are in for the St.Croix Rod Drawing.We will Draw for the Rod at the Friday Sept. 18th Seminar with Guide Mike Sperry at Happy Hooker Bait Shop,7:00 p.m.,only those who sent in their money by August 31st will have their names in the hat.Now,I have to know the exact number of Chicken Dinners we need to order by Sept. 10th,so anyone that does not have their Entry Fee of $25 in by Sept.10th (Will Not Get Dinner & Their $5 Will Go To The Baitfish Fund).

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!