Hot Lure: NK28 Watermelon

Trolling Speed: (2.8

Down Speed: (na

Boat Depth: 150-185

Lure Depth: 55,85,110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

===================

I took my daugther out this evening troll after I coaxed her to opt for trolling instead of bassing. My daughter wanted bass fishing after she saw the picture of the bass I caught yesterday. I felt bad for forcing us to hit the lake instead of the bay.

Set up 80 and 100 with Deep rigger with white spin doc and atomik fly did not generate hit and spoon on upper rigger. Nothing. Saw a few marks on deep rigger but no dice. As I changed the spoon, my daughter wanted watermelon NK28. I set the rigger down 55' over 160 FOW.

Ten minutes later, watermelon was taken by steelhead. Took her 10 minutes to bring the fish to the boat before she lost the fish. Brianna was a bit upset for losing the fish. I assured her that it is only practice and we will get better in time for the derby.

It did not take too long for another hit and this time the fish went away. It became a bit dark around 8:30 pm, I asked my daughter to start to reel in the 600' copper. It was a good practice for her to get used to reeling in. After I reeled in from the deep rigger, the rod fired and I hooked in the fish and handed over to Brianna. I was able to slow down the motor and get the last rigger out. Took her good 15 minutes to land her first KING. Nice 17#. We released the fish successfully.

70779476.jpg

On the ride back, Brianna said she agreed with me that trolling can be fun. I am hopeful she would lean toward trolling over bass'in someday.

I saw you east of us...we went from 150 to 200 with 175 FOW definitely the hot spot. Went 4-6 (two steel and four 2 year olds kings.)

green dalmation SD with white fly took three hits....2 setting out 275. 42nd SD with green krinkle took one. 2.5 setting out 250.

Dirty white boy down 50 and 90. took the others

Lots of marks towards the river.....

Thanks Rod.

Q - great going as it was a perfect evening to be out!

YT, on the contrary, she does really enjoy reeling in that copper unlike my other friends who have whined about how long does it takes to finish reeling in.

Best of luck this weekend.

600 copper!!! good thing there was not a mature Salmon or Lake Trout attached to that!! If you want her to keep going out with Dad you might want to start doing the hard work...lol Anyway nice fish. I cant wait to get out in an hour or two.

Mark