The mess on Sunday

Not that Jerry needs any defending of what happened yesterday by any stretch of the imagination but I felt that the post by Ray K (under "this thread will never die") whether he did or didn't mean to offend him it came across that way :no::no::no: . I feel as a friend and the guy that sort of got this "fun time" charter on Sunday started I should speak up :o I still love ya Ray, just don't like the way it the post came across.

The "fictitious" Charter Captain was a responsible charter captain and did not put his clients in a bad situation and tell them they were there on the wrong date which they were (I did see his calender and they were scheduled on the 23rd not this past Sunday weekend) and did what any responsible business owner would do and made his returning customers happy. He could have called his wife and woke her at 5:30 am to check the calender, but then what he tells his returning customers they are wrong? Thanks for driving here, now leave I am taking some friends out? I think that makes him A VERY RESPONSIBLE CHARTER CAPTAIN!

I thought under the circumstances at 5:30am he did a great job :yes: and all the rest of us (Tank, Keith, Keith, Shawn and Jason) had a great time, met and made new friends on other boats. After we came back and shot the breeze laughed at what had happened, talked some fishing looked at Brian's leaning boat :rofl: and ate, I personally was asked to fish on Tank, Jason or Keith's boat again this week if I want to get out for a few hours in the AM :yes:

I don't recall Jerry ever saying " thanks for being here but i have a scheduled charter for today you can go home now" What we all did was make a fun situation out of a sticky and embarrassing situation for Jerry who was truly frazzled by it. I thought he handled it very well and was more than apologetic and as bummed as the rest of us who were going on his boat for some fun and for myself, Keith and Shawn a time to learn and pick the brain of an established Lake Ontario Charter Captain who fishes the exact waters that we primarily fish.

Jerry you get the :yes: from the rest of us and can't wait to do on another weekend and it will be even more of an honor to fish with you now.

You DUMMY it was in no way ment to be mean to jerry i just havent had the time to write the whole story.Had to get the boat ready for 3 day trip outa the oak...I was the one who VOLENTEERED TO GIVE JERRY A HAND with the charter he had and had a great time doing it. I enjoy watching poeple catch fish more than i do and them folks had a great day. I was more than happy to be part of the charter and helping Jerry run [/size]another succesful charter trip. On the other hand when i get back from the oak i WILLbe writing a complete story that might top off the "SCOTTY DERBY" TRIP.so before reading dont take a sip of coffee ....now i gotta go play for 3 days to get over my sunday trip..and i got your roller with me ....so it off to the OAK fer the next 3 days :clap:

Ray it certainly came across the wrong way to me (it bothered me all day) and I don't think you should have written anything at all unless you were gonna write your "better than Scotty's derby trip one" that you intend to write. I wasn't the only person who read that post and came across with the same opinion of it the way I did. I certainly didn't expect that post from you and it was kinda "hidden" in that other thread. I am sure we all expected something a little more humorous after yesterday. I too would certainly have volunteered to help Jerry out but you had already done that by the time I got there.

It's just one of those better left unsaid things, that should have been done.

My mom used to say "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" This was a case for that and I have fallen into that as much as others.

I will wait to read and laugh about your recap of Sunday when you get back. Good luck out there I might be out there with Shawn Wednesday morning and stay safe :*

Like I said I still love ya and how much :cash: for the rollers :yes:

Get your sunglasses ready Bob 8) The darker the better. I'm a firm believer in "things happen for a reason" and Sunday's events turned out fine. We all got to fish, meet some great LOU people, putting faces with names, and had an all around good time. Thanks Jerry, Keith and Jason for making that happen by sharing your boats, tackle and knowledge. It sure is nice to see that people like you still exist in this world and that's what helps to make this a GREAT fishing site. Wish I could have stayed for the food and "ribbing". It was great meeting you guys and hope we can do it again soon. I have a good pic of Tom pumped to catch a Laker which I'll post later.

Shawn

23885105.th.jpg

Ray, thanks for filling in for me, the trip wasn't on my calendar either so Jerry had to be surprised. I had the day off to catch up on chores at the cottage and spend time with the wife so I knew he'd be well taken care of with the LOU boys to fish with and he was looking forward to it. Sorry I couldn't make it in from Lyntucky but not too many summer weekends free to do other things. Tom, thanks for sticking up for Jerry and spanking Ray but I'm sure he will convey what he really meant more clearly later, and I'm sure he thought Jerry needed the bash for his part in how the day went, all in good fun. Hope I can be there for the next outing, sounds like quite an adventure.

T'wasn't a big deal. We all had a great time. Of course, just cause Jerry did the right thing by the customers doesn't mean we can't rip on him for it.

Or anything, for that matter :)

Seriously, though, I'm glad everyone could get out and spank some fish. Except for Ray...the fish that is...I think there may still have been some spanking involved...

We'll be out there Wed. nite, got to be sure to check out the "Great Leaning Boat of Sandy". Hopefully nobody's looked at our rig. I think we'd take second place in the leaning division (what does that pay out?). Good thing one of my legs is shorter than the other.

Gator