I am upset with my new fishhawk!!!!

CBish

My batteries went dead last night and left me stranded. I had those things in there since April 4th and used them for over 40 trips then all of a sudden nothing not even a speed reading. My bulk package of spare batteries ............. all used by my kids over the last 4 months for their video games. I'm writting a letter.........if the batteries are going to run out they ought to run out before my kids have time to use up my 64 pack of spares!!!

CC

Must be some probes go through batteries faster i have 2 (one spare) and get many, 14 hr days out of one battery ,,,,there is a tuning or GAIN adjustment knob or screw on mine that GREATLY affects the performance below 50,60 ft (lost single) or weaker batteries (lost signal) maybe you guys never "tuned" your probe to the transmitter. the adjustment can be tiny 1/8 turn can make a HUGE difference in performance ,after i called the factory and was told this might be a problem my probe works to 200 ft ,but ive never tried deeper. it went from a piece of crap to a dependable and accurate tool on my boat. but i have gone through 3 batteries for the year (on third) with many,many hours on the water.

thanks for the tip ray...i'll have to check mine to see if it has the adjustment screw. i've got the model 800. at least 20 yrs old i would guess. i go thru batteries frequently because i like the strong signal and it starts to waiver below 100 f.o.w. or if there's undercurrent and blowback. i think if you're fishing cold water it kills them quicker too.

It is a small improvement made to the new fishhawk. It is nice not having to put a new battery in each day. I never tuned my probe on the old unit. I never thought that the use of batteries was a big deal, just a cost of doing business. Much cheaper than that smelly liquid I have to pump into my boat between trips!!!! The X-4 is great!!

CC

My batteries went dead last night and left me stranded. I had those things in there since April 4th and used them for over 40 trips then all of a sudden nothing not even a speed reading. My bulk package of spare batteries ............. all used by my kids over the last 4 months for their video games. I'm writting a letter.........if the batteries are going to run out they ought to run out before my kids have time to use up my 64 pack of spares!!!

CC

you should have bought a depth raider!!!!!!