Cayuga 9/1 evening

Last night Jay, Bill, & I headed out for a short trip on Cayuga. We ran over to Taughannock and set up in 300 FOW and found lots of bait & hooks from 50-120' down. We only fished for a couple of hours, but we had action the entire time we were out, including two doubles. Best set-ups for us were a white double crush glow Spin Dr/Sigg's Rigs Glow Ghost on a diver out 210' on a #2, a green double crush glow Spin Dr./Sigg's Rigs Green Hypnotist on a diver out 240' on a #2, and a DW Super Slim Feelin' Erie spoon fished off our 80' rigger. Best down speed was 2.1-2.3mph.

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

Thanks guys. We used to fish Cayuga a LOT back probably 10 years ago or so, but I'd forgotten most of what I knew about the rhythm of the lake since we moved to Lake O. Thanks to Rusty Rat, Splitshot115, Mower, Hookedup and a some others we got back into the swing of things down here pretty quickly this summer. If all goes as planned we'll be back on the Big Lake again next year, so we hope to enjoy a few more quality trips like this one down here this year before we head North again.