Rods for trout.

Im getting stuff ready for spring browns and want to know what rods to buy,im pretty broke so i want rods that have a dual purpose as for say spring browns and summer walleye trolling.Im looking at buying 4-5 rods so im not looking at 100 a rod.id like to keep it at 40-50 a rod.

Any help with lenght,rating and brand would be great,thnx

Mac

There have been a few good reviews on the Diawa wilderness rods ... it think they can be had for less than $20 each ... imho you should check prices of new less costly models, go see what's at the show then decide which way to go ...

7' to 8.6' med or ml should work just fine ...

Daiwa also came out with an Accudepth series rod for 2010. I used to run the Heartland 7'6" ML rods for Spring BT and they even took a few Kings and held up quite well. I sold them this Winter because Daiwa introduced the Accudepth series rods and they had a 8' ML model. I thought I might like a few more inches on those set-ups! This series is priced below the Heartlands which typically run between $30-$40. I am un-aware of the availability of these at this point because they are so new. Im sure someone online has them.

If you Google - Daiwa Accudepth Fishing Rods, you will see that Bass Pro carires them from a 6' one piece to a 9'6'' two piece and they are priced from $29.99 - $39.99.

Shade

I've been running Shakespear Ugly Sticks for quite a few years and they work great for Browns and should be good for Walleye as well.

You can still enjoy the battle of a smaller Brown but have taken a few Kings by accident on them. Too light for the Kings but they held up.

Model # BWD 1101 8" 3" light action. Line weight 6-20 lbs.

At $50.00 a rod I am very pleased with them.

Glen

• 1 month later...

I do some walley on Erie and stripers on Reaystown. I bought some Depthmaster II LC Combos ( Rod and Reel) at Cabelas for 59.99 ea on sale. They have several different combos with rod sizes and reels both. Also have Whumpin Stick Combos for 54.99 ea. These are a take off of the ugly stick with a 7 year warranty on the rod. I used the depthmaster combos 8'6" MH last year and had no problems with them and the rods handled fine for large stripers, even my 8'6" M worked well and they didn't break the bank. I bought the Eagle Claw version this year because they were out of the DepthMaster rods same reel seem like a faster action, we'll see. All my reels were in the 30 series and came with walleye handles too. Not a bad deal.