Help with water level I-Bay State Launch

Hello gang,

Plan on launching May 1st at the I-Bay State Launch. Anybody have any input on the water level? Sometimes the short docks make it a little difficult to launch even with normal levels.

Thanks for the help,

- Chris

Hello gang,

Plan on launching May 1st at the I-Bay State Launch. Anybody have any input on the water level? Sometimes the short docks make it a little difficult to launch even with normal levels.

Thanks for the help,

- Chris

Well Chris funny you ask, last night Ray K had a link http://www.great-lakes.net/envt/water/l ... ntwlc.html the lake is much lower than normal and you may want to go to the Genny launch. I can only imagine Braddocks is closed off.

M 4000,I saw a 22-23ft go in Sat.morning,he used the far left ramp and backed off the ramp. He had to get a tow truck to get the trailer out.Yea, you might be better off going to the river.good luck, good fishing.

Some of the bigger boats are getting in with out trouble.

Yikes!

We'll still probably give it a try, but I'm going to take a look down there on Friday and watch a few boats go in and out first.......

WWIV - how did the guy get stuck "after" he launched his boat? It doesn't sound good.....

Thanks for the input everyone,

- Chris

M4, he backed off the end of the concrete and hung the trailer wheels on the edge.If you try hard enough you can rip the axle off. If you try I bay use the middle ramp,don't back in any farther t

than necessary. How big is your boat?

Braddocks Bay is open. :)

M4, he backed off the end of the concrete and hung the trailer wheels on the edge.If you try hard enough you can rip the axle off. If you try I bay use the middle ramp,don't back in any farther t

than necessary. How big is your boat?

Braddocks Bay is open. :)

I got pictures of a guy that did that 10 years ago. One of the best launch ramp mishaps I have seen over the years.

The water is deep enough, it is the ramps that are too shallow and the channels need dredging. We have no control over the water, the ramps and channels are what we may have to work on. It does not look any better for the rest of the year, this is as good as it is going to be. Lake Erie can not help, it is at its lowest since the 1930's.

Thanks guys - I have a 21' Trophy. I always use the middle ramp over there and haven't had any issues.....yet.

I was over there yesterday and it looks like it's probably OK. I'm more concerned with not being able to get the boat out in the fall.

Thanks for the advice gentlemen,

- Chris

I launched at Mayer's Marina on the Webster side of the outlet just last Saturday with my 19 footer.His ramp is a bit steeper and if you get stuck he has the gear to lift up the trailer from behind.(he sees it as his responsibility to get your trailer in and out without damage).

I guess that the trick is rolling down fast and then braking hard so the boat continues by itself off the trailer.