Fort Niagara Launch

FYI.....If you are planning on heading out of the Niagara this weekend, and you will be using the launches nearest the Lake (Youngstown) be careful. The low water makes it difficult to get larger boats in and out of there. We hit bottom this weekend with our lower unit, and we chewed up the prop. It happened going out and then again coming back in. The water at the tie ups is very low too. The Lewiston launch might be a better choice.

Yankee, the launch is easy to find. If you go to the one flashing red light in town and turn to go to the river it is at the bottom of the hill. If you leave the fort from the south entrance, the red light will be 300 yds. down the street. They just spent $150,000 (Last year I think) down there on the ramp and the surrounding park.

Speaking of Petroy, they have a mechanic there after years without. The mechanic's name is Josh and he's been working hard. He stays late and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done. I have been hearing good things and have some worked lined up for him a little later in the year. Also I just heard a rumor that Beccue in Wilson will not have any mechanics, just a marina. Just some info that hopefully no one needs.

• 11 months later...
Yankee the Youngstown Public Launch is deeper, the bad part is parking on top of the hill and walking up and down. It is also free.

Just looking back through some of these old posts. I'm looking on googlemaps and I think I see this launch but I don't see the parking lot. Where is it located?

I believe the only place to legally park near the launch is on Main Street between Hinman and Water street or on Hinman Street. There is one side of the street that has trailer parking. Also, the water is much higher this year and both launches at the Fort look pretty good. As stated earlier I'd recommend any boat over 24' to use the South launch at the Fort.