Detroit Lake Oregon & Crescent Lake Oregon 6-7 to 611

stan

FISHSTALKER showed up here on Sunday night, we had supper and discussed our plan of attack on a new lake with record size Land Locks for the west coast. After a 7hr drive acting like a couple of tourist, we checked into the All Season's motel. a cross the street was the marina. We walked a cross the street and paid for a slip for 2 days, not knowing how long we would be there.

Through a door way to the back of the marina store there is a deck with chairs and tables you could over look the marina. Only one way down was a stair case that looked like walking off the side of a 3 story building and a elevator for personal items, but not people . This place is vary pictures, the lake was laid out like the Norwegian Fjords. The amount of water coming into the lake from all the rain and snow melt was unreal, one could see the current all the way the length of the lake on the surface. Marking fish from 200' plus feet to the surface we gave it the old college try, with one good take down as Dale watched the dipsy rod pumping, being old and tired by the time I reached the rod, the fish was gone. This trip was one of those trips nothing went right,heavy wind and rain made us pull up stakes and head south on Wednesday to Odell and Crescent lakes 3 hours south of us.

Sisters Mountains west of Bend Oregon, off Hwy 20

2mcdpy1.jpg

Detroit Lake

ehyexk.jpg

116p5kn.jpg

10pqb86.jpg

n4icuc.jpg

2uxtzt0.jpg

FISHSTALKERS rainbow trout

34ec83q.jpg

ekf5tw.jpg

24uzx1y.jpg

My monster 10" rainbow

1g624h.jpg

Stair way to Marina and Facility on the left 1/2 way down

29apb1e.jpg

Detroit Lake Harbor

f098ur.jpg

Detroit Lake Harbor Marina Office

8vuujr.jpg

Dale at 1/3 of the staircase down

2ln7lh1.jpg

Looking up from dock at the bottom of the Marina Office

2zebcxj.jpg

2aeotgi.jpg

The storm, FISHSTALKER trying to see

123mlpt.jpg

Crescent Lake Oregon for Lakers

After being blown off of Detroit lake Dale and I decided to hit Odell lake 3 1/2 hrs away. We packed up the truck and made the drive to find more wind and rain. Up at 4am and headed to Odell early and watched 3' foot waves and decided to head to Crescent lake 4 miles behind us. Wind and light rain and we launched, headed to the Boy Scout camp. I have never seen so many Lakers on that lake before, all in the 60' to 40' range. So down went the 2 Wranglers and 2 Abu's, we drug right through the middle of all them and not one take down. About noon the wind , snow and rain started getting with it and to the ramp we headed for safety.We had a great time on our trip but the fishing sucked, thanks Dale.

Kokanee balled up, under attack by Lakers

icn62p.jpg

Lakers

f1bqme.jpg

2ebtrti.jpg

30lkth3.jpg

f1ijqv.jpg

That is some GROSS weather Stan. I saw the circle of storms going around that area on the radar, looked like a hurricane with an eye of the storm. Great pics dude! I am headed for Cali right now, but am in Utah and going to LA then Merced. If I was able I'd come fish with ya, but this travel agent I have is sending us to Reno to pickup Sun morn and go back to KC and Milwaukee for tues. Looked like some fun anyway there Stan :clap: Now get some of that rare scotch and warm up my friend