I am back :)

after moving 2 years ago and selling my lake O boat I am back I am going to look at a boat tomorrow night its a 1985 24' thompson twin 190 mercs in it new trim tabs and a new windless ancor system 2 canon digi trolls and a new floor and good canvas. trailer needs new brakes but the boat looked great if the motors run as good as the boat looks I will be puting a deposit down on it and picking it up after the wedding in 2 weeks :).

bTccr.jpg

zcbVA.jpg

Jeff,

as a current Thompson Owner all I can say is GET A SURVEY before you buy it. They've already replaced the floor, that makes the stringers and transom HIGHLY suspect as well for wood rot. Thompsons are great boats and an awesome fishing platform if they are solid, but the Thompsons of that era (including my 1986) were prone to rotten wood. I ended up completely rebuilding mine with new floor. stringers, motor bunk and transom.

1985, I'm guessing that must be an 8552 Offshore Model. Mine is an 8652 Offshore Hardtop, which technically isn't supposed to exist (they discontinued that model after 1985 and replaced it in 86 with the 240 fisherman, but Dealers continued to order them, so Thompson built em anyways). Like I said it is a great fishing platform, but you REALLY want to have it surveyed so you don't end up losing an entire fishing season and spend $6500.00 or more like I did in 2003 while it was being rebuilt.

Oh, and welcome back :):beer::beer::)

Tim